Missions Depot > Arma2 - Single Player Beta Testing

[CAMP] Black Lands 1.2

<< < (2/12) > >>

Pirin:
I am having NO luck getting away from the bar.  :dunno:  ???

Ahh, never mind.  I went around back and asked a friendly soul for a light.  After some "persuasion" he helped me out.

Really enjoying this so far!

Inlesco:
I've been waiting for a long, story-'n'dialog-driven campaign like this. Gave it a go today and here's the long-awaited (I hope :P) feedback.

Intros

Great quality overall - well-chosen cam angles, good action scenes, fine music and a poetry-like storytelling with some unnecessary lines (I'm sure this will be improved as the campaign passes beta stage).

1st mission - Death came upon me (Afterwards)

An interesting concept. However, I didn't like the long run to the barn hideout through forests and all the dangers a typical Chernarus night 'offers' to us :D. The later scenes were rewarding, although a bit hyperbolized. But that's reasonable - it's an emotional crisis for the main character to see his friends murdered and being betrayed by a fellow. Also - the family, everything that matters... has been lost.

Despite some awkward design-decisions (long runs, scenes without the possibility to skip), it was enjoyable and new experience.

2nd mission - Awakening

Although this mission is quite linear, I liked it because it set the dots in a good way. Several scenes had too long dialogs and they didn't make much sense, possibly forcing player to skip or start to think that this is unworthy to watch throughoutly. I suggest to shorten the scenes and remake the dialogs a bit to sound more 'intelligent' and consistent.

3rd mission - Starting to inflame again

The first and IMO the most important remark - this mission must be divided in two. Why? It's too long. The boat drive isn't enjoyable at all and the car which was left at the light tower wasn't useful. I had to go on foot facing Russian patrols in the forest.

I experienced a weird bug - after the bartender was accidentally killed with a C4 (satchel charge), reloading the last save didn't work out - the bartender died and died time after time. Probably because of he was placed inside an object of the bar building. Correcting the placement pos might be the solution.

Overall, the atmosphere was lovely with some interesting ideas. Sorry to repeat myself, but... This mission must be divided in half :).

4th mission - Setting-up time

Who doesn't like the sandbox-type gameplay? This took some time and was enjoyable at the max. Nothing to add, nothing to cut.

Conclusion

This has tons of potential to become one of the best (if not the best!) campaigns ever made for A2(CO). As I mentioned before, the first 4 missions should become 5 to make the experience smoother. There's a number of mistakes in the texts and unnatural english language expressions overall, but that is usually corrected later. As a person who holds a deep interest in video game soundtracks and music, I recognised many of the soundtracks you used.

An introduction to the features this campaign implements (weaponry inheritance through missions, etc) would be great for complete beginners to start. Of course, you can make it optional.

Technically, everything is fine so far.

IMO - the strongest features of this campaign are long, content cutscenes and an interesting, unique storyline.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the content and find out what'll happen next. Surprise me, Undeceived! :)

Undeceived:
Inlesco, thanks a lot for your great test.

I'll look into it and will probably cut that mission in two.

About the language issues and unnatural sentences: @ Americans or Englishmen: Please give me a hand with this if you have some minutes of time. ;) The campaign is available in German too, but English isn't my mother language... Thanks!

Undeceived:
I'm thankful for Inlescos input about cutting the third mission in two, but I'm still unsure.

If someone else played the mission: Do you have the same impression that the mission is too long and would be better if divided in two?

What I also could do is to skip the boat journey from Chernogorsk to the light house. I think that it would have the same effect as cutting it in two parts.

What do you think (Inlesco as well)?

savedbygrace:
I'll give it a go later tonight and see whats what.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version