OFPEC The Editing Center > Getting help with BI games

Can my new laptop play Armed Assault

(1/3) > >>

Aldo15:
Hi I've got a new laptop and I'd like to know if it can run Armed Assaul or Arma II. These are its caractericts

CPU : AMD Athlon(tm) II Neo K125 Proccessor
CPU Speed : 1.7 GHz
Video RAM : 890 Mb
RAM : 2GB
Video Card : AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4225
Free Disk Space: 184 Gb

Inlesco:
It's hard to objectively judge on laptop's CPUs and GPUs performance. The only way is to give it a try - A1 should run on minimal or even normal settings, depending on the game's version you got. While A2 is also possible to play. Sadly, it might look very awkwardly on the lowest settings.

All in all, "experience is the hardest teacher - she gives you a test first, the lesson afterwards"! ;)

Wolfrug:
You can try Arma 2 free (the 'demo' on Steam) to see what the performance is like. Note that it's probably going to be better in Free than in the full version, because Free uses lowest-quality models for everything.

Otherwise you can always run Can You Run It? on your laptop and see what it says. If it falls within the minimum specs, you should be able to -- just barely.

Wolfrug out.

edit:
Fixed the link to a very useful function ~ Denz

Aldo15:
Hry guys I got a question again  :dry:

Look...

I'd want to play Arma II OA, but I enter at Can you run it? and It show that my computer cant run OA these are the spefications

Cpu :  Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2320 CPU @ 3.00GHz
RAM : 4 GB
VRAM 2.2 GB
Windows 7 Ultimate
Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 8400GS

Can my computer run it?

Thanks

Wolfrug:
Not really. It's the GPU that does it - that 8400 GS is just not going to cut it. I ran Arma 2 for a while on my 8600 GT, and that was quite a slog. I guess you could -try-, but even with the lowest settings you won't get a playable FPS, sadly.

Wolfrug out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version