Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: How to make a cut scene exit able?  (Read 1204 times)

Offline ahmed117

• Members
  • The 3d!t0R -=I.S.I=-
How to make a cut scene exit able?
« on: 19 Dec 2011, 08:12:10 »
Hi fellas,
           I have a bag full of problems on my head. Another problem is that How to make a cut scene exit able? I have made many cut scenes in my mission but  they waste too much time, I want those cutscenes to end by pressing Esc key, how to?? Similarly I have radio commands spoken by Head Quarters in game, But in the character's name who is speaking that command it is written "Bravo Black 1" but I want written HQ or Head Quarters over that space...?please solve my this problem I would be very thankful to you...

Ahmed Azher (A.rogers)

The 3d!t0R            -=O.F.P.E.C=-                                                         -=I.S.I=-

Offline Gruntage

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • How do I get outta this chickensh*t outfit?
Re: How to make a cut scene exit able?
« Reply #1 on: 19 Dec 2011, 09:27:37 »
I was under the impression that if you make the intro in the intro section of the mission you can always skip it by pressing 'escape'.

To get HQ to appear in your mission simply put this in the 'On Activation' field of a trigger or in a script:

Code: [Select]
[West, "hq"] sidechat "This is HQ"
If you have a radio sound file you use:

[West, "hq"] sideradio "hq1"
Where 'hq1' is the name of the sound file.

You can customise the name of HQ (so that you have a name other than Papabear) but you'll need a stringtable to do so.

If you want the Russian HQ then use this:

[East, "HQ"]
I forget what the Resistance equivalent is, it might be:

[Guer, "hq"]
I ain't sure about that one.

Hope that answers your questions

Gruntage
"But one thing I can tell you from not just OFP but life in general:  criticism is directly proportional to quality. The more criticism a mission receives, the better the outcome" - macguba

Offline ahmed117

• Members
  • The 3d!t0R -=I.S.I=-
Re: How to make a cut scene exit able?
« Reply #2 on: 19 Dec 2011, 14:43:28 »
Thanks bro,
              Gruntage sir, you have helped me too much in making my first mission, but actually In my this mission, I'm a resistance sniper, so as you said radio for HQ:
[guer, "hq"] sideradio "radiomsg"this is actually not working for resistance, I tried:
[resistance, "hq"] sideradio "radiomsg"this was working for resistance, there was written "PAPA_BEAR".
                                       Any ways thank you very much for your help sir...

Ahmed Azher (A.roger)
The 3d!t0R            -=O.F.P.E.C=-                                                         -=I.S.I=-