Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: [SP] Operation Aqua Lion v 1.2 (REVIEW COMPLETE)  (Read 8326 times)

Offline mathias_eichinger

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • I'm a llama!
Re: [SP] Operation Aqua Lion Beta 4
« Reply #15 on: 10 Jan 2012, 23:29:13 »
Undeceived, thank you very much! This beta test of yours is a perfect example of a very helpful one. I am glad that you looked into my mission and with yours and SBG's help I am able to present

Beta 4 of my mission!

Fellow beta testers, please check out the first post and if you can, please report on the issues I listed under "Known Bugs" (nothing game breaking - fear not).

Offline SaOk

• Missions Depot Staff
    • My youtube profile
« Reply #16 on: 14 Mar 2012, 18:01:41 »
Seems like a good sneaking mission with cool insertion and custom features, but noticed quite many small bugs.

Cutscenes:
Look good with nice story. Extra camera tweaking could still improve those some more, but look quite good already.

Briefing
Noticed there is no custom identity and there is black box markers on map (for the UPSMON?). To get around that set the marker sizes to 0 in editor then just before launching the UPSMON function to patrol those areas, set the marker size back in scripts to wanted with setmarkersize-command:
http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setMarkerSize

Mission
Difficulty level feel right, had just some problems with slowly following team-member after first enemy contact which got even worse after the friendly fighters joined to my group. Also those fighters are useless, they dont seem to do anything and ingore the laser pointed targets. I remember the device feature working while I tested this mission last time in december, but now I couldnt find a way to use that (there was no action for the device). I ended destroying those static enemy fighters by myself and went to exraction point without destroying the radar or using the device. I ended going alone, since my last remaining team-member on foot ingored to follow me. Instead he tryed to follow the fighters (I think because he was number 5 and the fighter were 3. and 4.).

I also got few error messages. This displayed often after the enemy contacts:
Code: [Select]
Error in expression <itsGroup = _remainingUnits;
sleep 1;
};
deleteGroup _group;
if (_lives == 0) exi>
  Error position: <deleteGroup _group;
if (_lives == 0) exi>
  Error Generic error in expression
File missions\__cur_sp.utes\AI_respawn_UPS\AI_respawn_UPS.sqf, line 26
This error came after destroying the fighters:
Code: [Select]
Error in expression <// Created by: TODO: Author Name>
  Error position: <// Created by: TODO: Author Name>
  Error Invalid number in expression
Error in expression <////////////////////////////////////////>
  Error position: <////////////////////////////////////////>
  Error Invalid number in expression

Else a good sneaking mission. Without team-member problems and with working air support this would be even better. :good:

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #17 on: 21 Mar 2012, 20:48:49 »
Hey SaOk,

thank you for your beta test. Unfortunately, I am unable to replicate your errors. I don't see the marker areas defined for the UPS patrol in-game, neither do these error messages pop up for me.  :dunno:
Could you provide screenshots maybe?

I already updated the briefing to emphasize that one has to be close to the comms link to operate the device and to assign laser targets to the fighter aircraft.

Offline SaOk

• Missions Depot Staff
    • My youtube profile
« Reply #18 on: 21 Mar 2012, 22:21:50 »
The markers were visible in briefing before starting the mission.

I will play the mission through very soon again (I aim, tomorrow) and post more feedback. This time without JSRS (sound mod), CBA and latest beta, to see if those were causing the problems for some reason. Somehow the game feeled more broken when I played that mission. AI was acting weird and that device didnt work. I suspect there was something broken in my game.

Edit: I played the mission again and finally found the right place for device. I magaged to put it, but nothing happened after that. Do I need to do something else to hack their network or just wait? I had already destroyed the radar, planes and many shilkas before putting that device if that mattered. Also the fighters worked now, they attacked on laserpointed target. Else I got the same errors and other bugs (-bad acting group members) as in previous test. I played with vanilla 1.60 game version without mods.

I attached pic of the black markers in briefing and also a place where enemy group spawned 3 times in front of my eyes, in short about 2 min time.
« Last Edit: 24 Mar 2012, 20:44:58 by SaOk »

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • I'm a llama!
Re: [SP] Operation Aqua Lion Final
« Reply #19 on: 29 Mar 2012, 18:19:06 »
I just updated the mission, removing the black markers. Cannot replicate the error messages, but they do not appear to be game breaking. So please provide a final beta test before my review request.

This is the final version, if nothing game-breaking comes up.

Offline Wiki

• Members
Re: [SP] Operation Aqua Lion Final
« Reply #20 on: 04 May 2012, 15:07:30 »
2 or 3 things that can be improved:

-the UPS area are visible during the briefing screen.
you must write this in the init .sqf so that they don't appear:
 "markername" setMarkerPos [-(getMarkerPos "markername" select 0),-(getMarkerPos "markername" select 1)];

-when the AI respawn, we have the hint "AI respawn".
search in the AI Respawn folder and files to remove it. there is a line, maybe in the init respawn file...

-I think you should remove the AI respawn

anyway, the mission is good (I like the beginning, under the Osprey!)

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • I'm a llama!
Re: [SP] Operation Aqua Lion v 1.1
« Reply #21 on: 12 May 2012, 14:27:55 »
Hey, I just updated my mission, fixing the marker bug with the AI patrol zones in-game (hopefully). Please test and report.

See first post for changelog and download.

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
Re: [SP] Operation Aqua Lion v 1.1
« Reply #22 on: 01 Jun 2012, 04:22:27 »
Played with Arma2CO1.60 on regular.
The backpacks in the briefing did not work. I suspect it's because backpacks are only usable by models that don't already have some sort of pack on. I know my force recon guys had camelbaks which == backpacks.

The markers for the sams did not match what was there. A marker for the sam on the northern end of the airstrip was missing.

The computer for the sigint device spawned 2 meters to my right. If a player did not know to look for it, they would not be able to activate the hacking system.

The "begin hacking" action took a bit long to disappear and could potentially result in a player activating it twice.

The harriers are utterly useless save the constant fly by's which resulted in great atmosphere. They would not attack the su34's, jeeps, laser target or anything. But they sure intimidate the enemy.....not  :D

I destroyed the radar just before calling the airstrike but the objective never ticked and in fact, I even got a radio message saying I need to destroy it.

Those back packs would have been simply awesome had the system not worked. Just in case, perhaps place some ammo crate in the hangars with satchels in the case that the players buddies are KIA.

Just spotted this addon on Armaholic that you could consider if you want to keep the backpacks. Not sure if they can be added in the briefing or not though.

« Last Edit: 01 Jun 2012, 23:46:43 by savedbygrace »

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • I'm a llama!
Re: [SP] Operation Aqua Lion v 1.2
« Reply #23 on: 06 Jun 2012, 21:52:40 »
Due to the help from savedbygrace, I am able to present version 1.2 of my mission. Please see first post for changelog and download.

Happy testing!  :D

EDIT: Since this version runs bug-free for me and I am not getting any beta tests, I therefore ask for a review.
« Last Edit: 08 Aug 2012, 12:54:01 by mathias_eichinger »

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
Re: [SP] Operation Aqua Lion v 1.2 (Under Review)
« Reply #24 on: 29 Aug 2012, 23:45:05 »
I got this one.