Missions Depot > Arma2 - Reviewed Missions

[SP] Operation Aqua Lion v 1.2 (REVIEW COMPLETE)

(1/5) > >>

mathias_eichinger:
Author: Mathias_Eichinger
Version: v 1.2
Required Addons: None
Mission Description: This mission is about a small Force Recon team with a huge task on it's shoulders. Bogged down in World War 3, NATO needs a second front on the south coast of Ukraine. And someone has to pave the way for that.

Features:
Hack into the Russian computer network
Custom healing script for the player available for very bleak situations
Guide in Harriers or do it the sneaky way

Known Bugs:
Potentially damaged archive. Please unzip and report.
Unable to add backpacks to the players or use them if provided in the weapons selection - please clarify if it's because I am using stock ArmA2 (pre-OA) Force Recon units
After finishing, the mission is not ticked off in the ArmA2 SP missions menu - need information how to do this

Credits:
BIS for a great game
Norrin for his AI respawn script
Beta testing and editing advice:
-froggyluv
-Inlesco
-savedbygrace
-Denz
-Undeceived
-SaOk
-Wiki

ChangeLog:
v.1.2
-Missing markers added
-Ammo boxes for satchels added
-Various bugfixes
-Optional addon (not inherited in mission.sqm) for backpacks selectable in briefing: GLT OPA Backpacks for All
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11496

v1.1
-AI respawn hint removed
-Tried another method of getting rid of the AI patrol markers in-game (works for me)

Final
-Got rid of black markers in the briefing
-Hacking device operation is explained in the briefing in greater detail.

Beta 4
Shortened Outro text
-Improved Intro
-Revised Briefing (hope it is clear now)
-All actions associated with typing into a hacking device are attached to the device now and only work in close proximity
-Marker provided for the hacking device in order to spot it easier once deployed
-AI patrol scripts changed: Now uses Norrin's AI respawn patrol script based on Kronzky's UPS
 (appears to be easier to bypass once you keep your approach stealthy)
-Guards are alerted if AA system is down

Beta 3:
-Fixed typos
-Bases and villages have a few guards
-Some patrols changed to vehicle patrols
-Hacking only possible close to the long range communications installation
-Said comminications installation has to be found first
-Harriers should not run out of fuel anymore
-Readme included in zip

Beta2:
-Added a few groups with "guarded by" triggers and an additional group using the script "cB Random TaskDefend" by Wolffy.au. To me, these units act like a tripwire and now all hell breaks loose pretty soon.
-Made my zip file with 7z file manager, hopefully it works now.
Please report bugs and have fun!

EDIT: I got rid of the black markers mentioned by SaOK, but I cannot replicate the error messages he is mentioning. However, they seem to occurr in the AI patrol scripts, which I do not want to mess with and break. If nothing ugly comes up, I just need a last beta test to confirm review readiness.

froggyluv:
 Hi, I tried downloading twice and both times I get the damaged/unknown archive message.

Edit: Yes its still doing it for me  :blink: I just downloaded another mission and had no problems extracting (WinRar Zip) so Im not sure. If it's working for others then somehow it must be on my end.

mathias_eichinger:
Strange, I tried to download and unpack it, and had no problem. I re-zipped my mission file and uploaded it again, please report if the problem persists.

Inlesco:
Spontanously decided to give this a try for at least 20 mins and here are my notes:

Intro: Don't know if it's just my personal taste but I really do not see static camera angles to make the mission itself to look more quality, I love when they're moving, at least very slowly. Also, it would be much nicer to see instant angle changes while the text is shown at the bottom. In addition, you could think about improving firefights scenes, demonstration of some important figures involved in whole conflict. I must say I was expecting to hear custom music before watching intro, too bad I didn't.

Briefing: Everything looks fine and clear. It likely contains all the needed info to get proper pictures of what's ahead.

Mission: I liked an idea to drop SF squad into water and let them to choose the most comfortable route. However, I was surprised not to see any enemy infantry around, I'd have liked to see them sitting near a campfire or overlooking the place for suspiciously moving objects in the distance. Such shortage of additional objects kills immersion to me personally and you become not so "deeply-rooted" as you were before noticing those major flaws. Yes, it's mainly a question of design but there wasn't any mote of it. Probably just because I was playing a BETA release & expecting too much.

I was lurking around the area of Utes and revealing Tunguska's positions, then made a decision to blow up some stuff to begin the fun and see how whole airfield reacts to a single squad's invasion. Well, after a couple of explosions the worst happened - no alarm, no enemy units moving around and looking for inglorious bastards.

At that point I switched it off and relied on my patience to wait for a more detailed version.

Conclusion: It has potential to become an interesting and quite addicting mission for stealth lovers but, as everyone of us has said at least once in the past, more polishing is needed and of course recommended.

mathias_eichinger:
In reaction to Inlesco's spontaneous feedback, I immediately provide Beta 2. What I did was to add a few triggers guarded by OPFOR and an additional spawned patrol squad. Now this mission is almost too hard for myself, let's see what the general public thinks.  :D
The rather lame intro stays this way since this is my achilles heel and I hate camscripting.  :whistle:
Anyway, check the first post for the new download.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version