Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: What's happening with Ofpec beta testers (OFP)  (Read 1662 times)

Offline Aldo15

• OFP-addict
  • Former Staff
    • My OFP missions
What's happening with Ofpec beta testers (OFP)
« on: 25 Jul 2011, 02:56:39 »
Hey I want to know where are beta testers for OFP. Why isn't they test the missions?  I know all member are playing Arma II and probably Arma III, but that's no way to let OFP. I also know this game have 10 years  old, but it's still good, I could say it's better than Arma.

I just hope this game have beta testers again.

Regards
Aldo15 out
« Last Edit: 25 Jul 2011, 05:12:25 by Aldo15 »
My OFP stuff
FMF Project by Aldo15. Coming soon.
If in the high school or university, Teachers add a new subject about how to make scripts, missions, for ofp. I'd be number one of my classroom

Offline Inlesco

• Members
Re: What's happening with Ofpec beta testers (OFP)
« Reply #1 on: 26 Jul 2011, 12:44:28 »
IMO, summer affects your impression mostly - people have to relax sometimes, they aren't robots with power elements (batteries or such stuff). If you feel burned-out, depressed a bit or very tired of same routine every day, you must get away from everything and get new experience, visit interesting places, spend more time with family, important friends or just sit a alone nearby a river and think about positive thins in RL, make up plans. I know the drill, because I've experienced a few times. I guess it's hard to understand this until you get caught up by exactly same or almost similar problems.

Patience and eveything will be fine... in autumn, let's hope. Cheers!

P.S.: of course, there can be other reasons... My explanation doesn't really fit to all. I'm not trying to sumarize overall situation, just gave an example.

Edit1: By the way, what did you mean saying 'they're playing Arma 3'? It isn't released yet. Will be in 2012 summer, though. You've probably made a simple mistake while writing a new thread very late at night :). Nothing, it happens.
« Last Edit: 26 Jul 2011, 15:45:18 by Inlesco »

Offline Aldo15

• OFP-addict
  • Former Staff
    • My OFP missions
« Reply #2 on: 26 Jul 2011, 18:19:15 »
Well, I wrote this post, because since two months nobody has tested Ofp missions. I think all members are in Arma II.
And one thing... I didn't say members are playing Arma III, I said "probaly" or "Perphas"

Cheers,
Aldo15
« Last Edit: 26 Jul 2011, 18:32:01 by Aldo15 »
My OFP stuff
If in the high school or university, Teachers add a new subject about how to make scripts, missions, for ofp. I'd be number one of my classroom

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
« Reply #3 on: 26 Jul 2011, 22:58:50 »
I tested quite a lot near the beginning of this month. I even attempted yours but posted the errors I found. I'll test again here within a week or so.

We are not paid professionals so give us a break please. We are just community members like yourself, volunteering free time to the forums to test other folks missions. Everyone has full lives and can't always surrender the time they would like to, to test your efforts. Aside from staff, other non-staff members such as yourself are welcome to test missions too. Perhaps you another author can trade favors this way. That was in fact the original intent of these forums.

Offline Aldo15

• OFP-addict
  • Former Staff
    • My OFP missions
« Reply #4 on: 27 Jul 2011, 03:53:20 »
Ok, ok, ok I understand. But I wasn't just talking about my mission(s) I was also talking about all mission for OFP. Also I'd want to know why nobody upload your ofp missions. I've looking at Arma II beta testing the members are uploading only arma 2 missions, but I know I can't force all members to play what I want...
My OFP stuff

Offline Inlesco

• Members
« Reply #5 on: 27 Jul 2011, 06:46:42 »
Hard to understand now why there isn't any new reviews, regarding OFP... Maybe it's because of lack of quality in recently presented missions on beta testing section or people are just too busy to do so. I do get SBG's point - everyone probably get his hands on this whenever he can (well, that sounds quite idealistic), but there's always more or less exceptions. RL 1st, virtual next. You would not make it to virtual, if you'd not care about real.

I surely hope better times will come soon. It's funny to see how summer becomes a bummer for mission makers  :D.

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
« Reply #6 on: 30 Jul 2011, 19:12:36 »
Also I'd want to know why nobody upload your ofp missions.
I'm not certain I understand this statement. Try and acknowledge that most folks don't own Cold War Assault and have no interest in it. Those who did play it, probably still play it from time to time but find investing effort into content for it is not worth their time since there are not many folks who will appreciate it.

We truly value members like yourselves who are active in the forums and we depend on your efforts to help other members out as well. Like the OFPEC motto states, it is a site "By the community, for the community". Every question you answer or post of feedback you offer another member, strengthens the Cold War Assault community by one. If you give up, it weakens it. The more your active, the  more that others are likely to stay active. So hang in there pal, we haven't left, just swamped with RL at the moment.