Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Advanced House Patrol Script - v0.9  (Read 3914 times)

Offline haroon1992

• Members
  • My life is hopeless...
Advanced House Patrol Script - v0.9
« on: 10 Jan 2011, 16:21:53 »
F E A T U R E S 

- Either put the array with your desired buildings to patrol
or let the script find enterable buildings within the radius you gave and make the group patrol them.

- Either make them patrol buildings orderly or randomly or even in reverse order of the given array.
- Building positions can also be altered in the same way above.

- Put the BlackList (as an array), which contains TypeNames of buildings which you want to exclude
from the buildings array to patrol.

- Provide your desired percentage of chance for the group to patrol outside areas around the buildings.

- Specify the Minimum and Maximum waiting time (in seconds) at each stop-point for the group.

- Specify how many times should the script Repeat the whole patrol plan.

- Script will stop for a pre-fixed amount of time, if group is NOT in SAFE mode
or
- if someone in the group died.

- informative, clear and beautiful debug system at a single variable switch for each group.
(Recommended : Debug one group at a time as debugging uses "hints")

- stuck control, unit will be commanded to move to another position if he is standing still at the same
place for "Max Waiting Time" + "10 seconds".

THE ARGUMENTS ARRAY

[<unit>,<buildings array>,[<min waitTime>,<max waitTime>],<Repeating>,[<building patrolmode>,<bpos patrolmode>],<chance to patrol outside>,<debug hint>,<black list>] spawn AHPS

C H A N  G E  L O G

Version 0.9

- Initial release.

This has been in my harddisk for a few months, as I lost in touch with ArmA 2 about 3 months.
So before someone encourages Bohemia Interactive to produce ArmA 3, I should upload my hardwork here.
(So far I've found that this script is compatible with UPS, and GroupLink3, but you need to change some settings on those mods,NOT in AHP, and you'll find what to do easily, as both of them have their respective readmes.)

Any feedback is welcome :)

Regards,
Haroon1992
Very busy with life, business, and other stuff. Away from OFP for months. Not sure if I could get back onto it. :(

Offline Trexian

• Members
Re: Advanced House Patrol Script - v0.9
« Reply #1 on: 11 Jan 2011, 16:10:38 »
haha

Amazing stuff!

Was working on my own script set to accomplish a very similar result! :)

Good work!
Sic semper tyrannosauro.

Offline haroon1992

• Members
  • My life is hopeless...
« Reply #2 on: 12 Jan 2011, 12:29:41 »
In my system, I encountered that when a unit goes into "COMBAT" mode, they'll NEVER come back to "SAFE" mode, even when I set them to "SAFE" mode via 'setBehaviour' command.

I wonder if the same thing happens on your systems, if so, I have to remove the feature below :

" Script will stop for a pre-fixed amount of time, if group is NOT in SAFE mode "

@Trexian, thanks for the comment, how do you find my script ? Is it working well ?
Or are you just saying that you are also working on a script with the same idea?

Regards,
Haroon1992
Very busy with life, business, and other stuff. Away from OFP for months. Not sure if I could get back onto it. :(

Offline Trexian

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 12 Jan 2011, 14:50:55 »
Both. :)

I am working on something with the same idea, and I am very impressed with your script solutions!

I implemented a system based on the CBA searchNearby function, that basically uses commandMove to order AI to the building positions.  After that, a doFollow has them rejoin.  I have not seen behavior where they are stuck, except when they are attacked, and then respond to that attack.  I am planning on some sort of check to see if that happens, and when it does, basically release the script.

Now, one problem I have is that the group is basically left without waypoints after that.  Your system appears to avoid that.

I think our 2 applications are a bit different, which is good.  More options for mission makers is a good thing. :)
Sic semper tyrannosauro.

Offline haroon1992

• Members
  • My life is hopeless...
« Reply #4 on: 12 Jan 2011, 16:08:09 »
Yeah, more choices for mission makers makes their missions better.

As I mentioned, I wrote the about three months ago or less, so I can't recall how exactly I wrote it.
And I am currently too busy to take a look at it.

If you found something useful in my script (such as functions,etc), feel free to use them in yours, just make your script a little different than mine.

As for your problem, please check my scripts to find how I may have solved it, as I can't remember how I did it and I am a little busy to take a look at it at the moment.

Regards,
Haroon1992

Offline haroon1992

• Members
  • My life is hopeless...
« Reply #5 on: 18 Jan 2011, 15:32:21 »
Would like to get more feedback such as Multiplayer compatibility, script reliability, and performance. ::)