Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Screenshot for Overview Using Vista Snipping Tool  (Read 1130 times)

Offline mboshell

• Members
Screenshot for Overview Using Vista Snipping Tool
« on: 21 Apr 2010, 13:01:00 »
The subject pretty much says it all.  I can't seem to figure out how to get a screenshot inside a game, I have no problem getting one outside a game.  Anyone familiar with this program that can help me out?

Thanks  :)

Offline RKurtzDmitriyev

• Former Staff
Re: Screenshot for Overview Using Vista Snipping Tool
« Reply #1 on: 21 Apr 2010, 14:19:27 »
I have windows XP and I always use the Print Screen command to take screenshots in OFP. At least in Windows XP, no program is needed. Just tap Print Screen, and CTRL+V into a blank paint file. It can only take one screenshot at a time but it will get the job done, especially if you can ALT+TAB in and out of the program to take more screenshots.
The OFP Editing Center wishes to remind you that the faithful COMREF will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.
However, in the event that it does speak, you are encouraged to heed its advice. ;)

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
« Reply #2 on: 21 Apr 2010, 14:34:15 »
Fraps is a free program to take images inside the game with. It allows for multiple, consecutive captures to get just the right angle with. I have used it for all of my captures along with microsoft paint for resizing and photo borders.

Offline mboshell

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 21 Apr 2010, 20:56:22 »
I guess I'll have to assume that snipping tool doesn't allow in-game screenshots because I can't find any info on it anywhere.  I guess it's another reason Vista kind of stinks.

Thanks for the reply Rkurtz.  I have XP on my desktop PC, but it's getting some work done on it right now, so I'm left with my laptop and Vista for the time being.  Everything that is simple with XP seems to be a real pain with Vista and it's unfortunately hindering my progress on my campaign.  The printscreen button does nothing with Vista.  Add it to the list of reasons why XP is superior I guess...lol.

Savedbygrace, I'm going to take your advice and download fraps for the screenshots.  I may have questions later about how to get the screenshot into the overview file, but there is a lot of info on that, so I'll try to digest it first.  Thank you  :good: