Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: [Co12] =RTY= Eve of Destruction = please review  (Read 11295 times)

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
Re: [Co 4-20] =RTY= Eve of Destruction = v6
« Reply #45 on: 24 Oct 2009, 17:44:04 »
Had another run through last night and when we halo in... we always seem to die. At first I thought we were getting shot but it seems like when we get to within 40 or 50 meters of landing we die... Is there a trick to land?

I think the bridge objective could do with an extra patrol or two after you have moved in close to the bridge. The mountain top makes it too attractive to just sit up there and have your way with a sniper rifle.  

There's a tank near there that usually plays dumb the whole time your in and around that objective.

Rather then have the editors note about the bridge not being usuable I wonder if a better message might be "Danger: Bridge un-useable"

The respawn timelimit is a killer and really is annoying playing with just a few people. Possible to add an option to the lobby to lower this abit or force the button up like after 60seconds but allow the timer to keep going?

Rockets are far and few between...You provide a smaw guy but there isn't any ammo for him. What about including 1 or two m136 rockets in the tent ammo? Or including 1 or 2 more rpg7 dudes in the enemy squads. Or at each of the east fortifications include a rpg7 in the ammo or something.  A repair truck would also be welcomed!

We really love this mission. Its a tad on the long side but the more players you add the easier it gets.
We almost always start with the electrical building... but what about changing up the halo so its more random. Perhaps the plane starts from like either the north or south or west or east randomly.?

Wiper has created a pretty dynamic mission, especially his difficulty settings are setup well and it scales up really well depending on # of players you might want to take a gander at it.

great job!
« Last Edit: 24 Oct 2009, 17:48:16 by hoz »
Xbox Rocks

Offline sharkattack

• Former Staff
Re: [Co 4-20] =RTY= Eve of Destruction = v6
« Reply #46 on: 31 Oct 2009, 13:28:41 »
changelog v8
============
*re worked Halo set up
*updated revive
*reduced  to 12 players max
*reworked teams set up
*reworked enemy reinforcements/reactions
*added no grass option
*synched time of day for jips
*added a few suprises ( keep you on your toes)
« Last Edit: 01 Nov 2009, 14:33:22 by sharkattack »
"HOLY SARDINE" - see Shark-Attack meet his match

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
Re: [Co12] =RTY= Eve of Destruction = v8.1
« Reply #47 on: 02 Nov 2009, 14:29:43 »
Blasted you for continually changing the mission name!

Gave the mission a short run last night with just 2 players.
The grass option didn't seem to work.
You removed the daylight option, not a big deal except I ditched the nv so I spent a lot of time looking for some.  :)

I love the random halo direction. Previous to this version we always started at rv pt3 so this time we went to rail bridge first. So thats a great feature. Also we landed in the chutes without dying first time in ages. :)

Overall the difficulty seemed like it was increased. One thing I like about the mission is you can do the objectives over and over again and the heat of the battle is always different. Sometimes we struggle with the silo's and other times we breeze through them. I think you've created a great balance.

You seem to change the way the song EOD is played, now it seems to play while we're in the plane, and its often hard to hear the song over the plane engines. I liked it when song played when you in the chute...  Perhaps its just a timing thing but I think it is presented better if your in the chute.

My buddy always plays the medic for the mobile respawn. However he asks if its possible to change the mobile respawn to an enginner so he can carry a rocket launcher. not a big deal here. Just a suggestion.

Overall this is a great mission and we have played the snot out of it, we find it that enjoyable.
Xbox Rocks

Offline Ebden

• www.legionofsparta.com
  • Members
« Reply #48 on: 02 Nov 2009, 16:02:14 »
I also gave v6 a run with one other player.  We landed SE of RV1 and worked the HQ at Balota.  It's a huge challenge with 2 people and no rockets available from either the RV1 box or the medic respawn box.  (I like though, I like!)  I tried briefly alone a week ago, and i think rockets of some form are available at RV3, but please keep the amount limited.  Nothing can ruin relative realism like a squad full of DMRs and SMAWs.

We quit playing after clearing the camp, but we have plans to keep at it with more people.  A few quirks from v6, apologies if you've caught the errors already.

-The medic tent, when removed, leaves its ammo box.  When placed, it creates another one.  It's a handy mistake, but not very realistic.

-The alarm at the enemy airfield.  It's a static, invisible location nearish the middle of the runway, right?  Tying it to a small tower as another destroyable target would be great, esp. if it prevented the opfor from responding to support requests elsewhere on the map.  Might be good to move it closer to their barracks and camp, too.  An alarm off in the middle of a runway is odd, especially when we can't turn it off.

-I would like to see ammo available in the C130.  We were dissapointed with our original loadouts, and wanted to swap out our M16s for silenced M4s and a few smoke grenades.

It's otherwise a treat to play so far.  I disagree with hoz about adding rockets to the rv points, except for his point about a listed rocket soldier w/o any rockets (if a rocket soldier is listed, he needs his gear!)  Keeping the diversity of friendly equipment selectable to a minimum, as someome might expect from an ad hoc weapons drop, adds to the enjoyment of scavenging from enemies and finding those choice enemy ammo boxes.

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #49 on: 02 Nov 2009, 16:14:36 »
What about adding more rpg7 guys. It seems like its the elite squad that has them. The east guys only seem to have the rpg18(?) rockets.
Xbox Rocks

Offline sharkattack

• Former Staff
« Reply #50 on: 02 Nov 2009, 17:57:54 »
hi  lads

im sure there are now limited smaw rockets at each rv point
have also added 3 russian weapons/ammo caches to the map  up to the player to fined em  :)

the song is played after a 3 min delay  will try and suss it so plays on ejection from c130

thanks ever so much for all the feedback and suggestions ... pleased you guys are still interested in the mission ... will double check the no grass settings  been having a few  problems  with new param set up ..  will get it fixed

ebden im not sure what you mean about an alarm  at the airfield ??  wasnt aware i had one   :D
counter terrorist team respond  to gunfire  or  any reported  contact ..

any feedback on how the choppers handle  deploying the ct teams  would be sweet ... worked a treat for us  but as you know  choppers tend to have a mind of their own ..

thanks again  fellas

best wishes   shark-attack

Offline Ebden

• www.legionofsparta.com
  • Members
« Reply #51 on: 06 Nov 2009, 19:12:18 »
ebden im not sure what you mean about an alarm  at the airfield ??  wasnt aware i had one   
counter terrorist team respond  to gunfire  or  any reported  contact

I'll have to play it again to check, but it was definitely there the last time I tried.  I think it was reactive to our attack, and it would stay on for about 5 minutes.  That's why I thought it was tied to some other AI-combat-active command or some such thing.

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #52 on: 06 Nov 2009, 19:37:06 »
I also had the alarm and I ment to post about it... if I recall it was near one of the ports.
Xbox Rocks

Offline sharkattack

• Former Staff
« Reply #53 on: 06 Nov 2009, 23:08:45 »
ill double check   lads  ...

an alarm sound is played ? ..   must of been added  after a night at the pub   :blink:

edit
===

shit im getting old ...  i forgot all about  adding it ...  ill   take a look at it  lads   see what i can do  .. thanks  for the headsup  lads

« Last Edit: 06 Nov 2009, 23:13:46 by sharkattack »

Offline Ironman

• Former Staff
    • {GSF} Home Page
« Reply #54 on: 21 Jan 2010, 19:34:47 »
any changes been made to this?
TS3 IP: tor.zebgames.com:9992

Offline sharkattack

• Former Staff
« Reply #55 on: 21 Jan 2010, 21:14:39 »
not since i last posted ... intending to  make it ACE2  friendly and fix a few  bugs ...  the backpacks for one would be a great addition 

Offline Ironman

• Former Staff
    • {GSF} Home Page
« Reply #56 on: 22 Jan 2010, 00:57:55 »
bah hum baug.... no soldiers in the field carry rucks anymore... don't you watch Military channel? lol Turn off that stupid History channel, Lockness monster is not real, end of story.
TS3 IP: tor.zebgames.com:9992

Offline sharkattack

• Former Staff
« Reply #57 on: 25 May 2010, 11:30:21 »
fixed a few bugs  made a few changes

Please review   :)