Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Problem with scripts in multiplayer. Can't find script!  (Read 1760 times)

Offline ndrj

• Members
Hi, I'm very new to scripting in OPF, and me and my friend decided to make a small script.

Now, the script works perfectly in the "Preview" mode run from the editor.

C:\Users\Anders\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\Users\Anders\missions\missionname.noe\ this is where I place the script for it to work perfectly in preview mode.

But when I export it to multiplayer missions, and start a server with that mission, I get an error saying it can't find the .sqs file.

Now, this didn't happen the FIRST time I used the editor and exported the mission. It only happens with my updated version of the mission, with another name. It still finds the .sqs file on the FIRST version of the mission (when I run it in multiplayer) but it seems to be using an old version of the sqs file. Even if I change stuff in the .sqs-file, the changes doesn't affect the first version of the level.

This is the folder I placed the script in for it to work with the multiplayer mission the first version. And the second version is in the same folder, with another mission name. But the second version cannot find the .sqs file, and the first can. Really confusing :(
C:\Users\Anders\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\MPMissions

So, I guess I'm using the wrong folder for my script file? But if that's the case, how come it worked the first time? Really confusing and driving me nuts.

Please help!

[OK. EDIT. I found a solution. Funny how you always seem to find solutions 10 minutes after you decide to post on a forum about it. Even though you have spent 2 days searching for a solution before posting. Haha.

I used a PBO maker and just put the script and the new pbo file in the MPmission folder of the C:\Codemasters\Yadayada-folder instead, along with the script. Worked perfectly!]
« Last Edit: 15 May 2012, 14:28:08 by ndrj »