Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: AI Mortar Template for Noobs  (Read 4509 times)

Offline RangerX3X

• Members
  • Ranger, out.
    • RangerX3X
AI Mortar Template for Noobs
« on: 08 Feb 2010, 21:07:11 »
This is a simple template set on Utes with two opposing mortar bases on opposite ends of the runway.

Each side has two squads attacking the other side. Where they cross paths in the middle of the runway is a series of 4 mortar target zones for each side that will call in a 2-round salvo at each zone if one side detects the other side in that zone.

There is also a larger trigger for an 8-round salvo (if desired). Both the Podnos 2B14 mortar & the M252 81mm mortar have an 8-round capacity in Arma 2.

This could be useful for someone making a mission that needs AI mortar support at a designated target zone (to be fired by the trigger and no needed input from the player). If you want to control the mortar, it would be suggested to utilize the SECOP manager with either real or virtual artillery modules. This demo mission and set of scripts is solely intended for AI usage of mortars in a single player environment.

There is a series of defensive walls around each mortor team to 1) protect them from enemy or friendly fire & 2) to prevent them from directly seeing the targets that they are being called to fire upon (if they see the targets this results in unwanted targeting behavior). Either block their line of sight to potential targets with such a defensive wall or slap them on a hillside somewhere well out of their own detection range.

The scripts are taken from Mr. Murray's artillery script for the D30's for Arma 1 and are heavily modified for AI only use in Arma 2 for the Podnos 2B14 & M252 81mm mortars.
Ranger, out.

Offline nominesine

• Former Staff
  • I'm NOT back!
    • The IKB Forum
Re: AI Mortar Template for Noobs
« Reply #1 on: 18 Feb 2010, 08:33:56 »
A very good initiative. I wish something like this would have been around when I started meddling with artillery  :)
OFPEC | Intel Depot
RETARDED Ooops... Retired!