Editors Depot - Mission Editing and Scripting > Arma2 - Editing/Scripting Resources Beta Testing & Submission

Mando Missile ArmA for ArmA2

<< < (2/14) > >>

kju:
Even though repeating myself - superb job Mandoble  :good:

Preface:
First item: Do you have an issue tracker somewhere running? For such a complex project it would be certainly
very helpful. A forum is rather messy and OFPEC forum forcing you to one post makes the post huge, takes
long to load and preview broken.  :weeping:

Second item: Is MM a single man coding project (on purpose)? In other words are you interested in others
to help out in the coding? If so, how should this be organized? Or do you prefer full control and people to
submit diffs or just suggestions?

Here is in-depth feedback, several questions and a few suggestions.

Lets start with the technical details.

Can you please explain the two gamelogic approach for the full init.
To me it seems one GL/script launch per functionality (full / gun / ship) doable.
(does full include gun and ship?)

There are two aspects you have to take into consideration with the start up from what I understand.
1) To avoid duplicate/multiple script execution.
2) Not to disable a customized MMA/MMS setup (maybe).

In addition you have to take into account MMA + MM in a mission running at the same.

To me it seems logical to have the MMS (script) version running, if both are active.
I did not look into the code itself so far - is this taken care yet?

It might be a good addition to allow to disable a MMS version running (and run the addon version instead).

So design wise it should not be that complicated to set it up to allow a XEH addon to initialize MM
automatically. The basic system could be:

1) XEH: preInit: call MMA (init+full) // should be a single script call - internally the call does both
// XEH PreInit should be guaranteed to be launched before init.sqf.
// The XEH addon sets the default configuration.
2) Next mission init.sqf - it may contain MMS call // might be good to spawn a separate script that does the
execution timing internally. Like wait a second.
3) If MMS present, the configuration should be used instead.
// If the scripts of the MMA or MMS should be used is a different consideration.
// So running both XEH MMA + MMS should be doable.
4) Optional: a version compare and hint to player if MMA older than MMS might be useful.

In other words it should be possible to have MM active via XEH addon in any mission.
This will help make MM used a lot more. At the same time MMS in a mission should work.
Even more it'd be great if people could set mission specific settings for the XEH MMA launch as well.

a) always on.
b) always on and using mission specific setting
c) mission specific MM launch (and configuration)

Alright lets move on. Is there design limitation to reduce MM interface to normal IGUI?
The safeZone a2 thingy allows one to make dialogs fitting to any resolution - it is more work yes.
Yet once understood, it is rather easy to convert the static position and size values to relative.

A maybe related problem is that while you zoom in, the MM dialogs keep the size AND even more problematic
the logic adapts as well.

First pic: Rather big circle resulting in a big lock area.
Second pic: If you zoom in, the circle GUI size remains the same. This means the effective lock area gets
far smaller.

The problem is that you might not detect, if one goes into optics/zooms in perfectly.
Checking the key input via key actions should work, yet you may not know which state your are in.
If you loose track, this would get messy (feature might be possible to reset the GUI to no zoom).

The other problem here is that in optics / zoom in most times the (outer) MM GUI elements no longer fit.
This might be annoying effort to figure out the right position for each vehicle - no zoom and zoomed in.

Sorry I give up for now. The edit and preview loading time kill me.
I will add the other tomorrow.  :dry:

Mandoble:
Thanks for your feedback Kju.  MM was single man coding project, but now it is becomming better understood by some people. Good examples are the customized MMA huds made by Defunkt or configurations for ACE2 made by Cyborg11 (present in next release). MMA is a framework including some usage examples (HUDs, MCCs, TVs, automatic launchers, guns, etc), a mission designer may create his own systems using the framework, this was the spirit of this project when it become alive for OFPR years ago and it is still the same spirit now with A2. This also means Im always interested into others help and ideas, and I agree with you, a forum is not the best way to drive that kind of collaboration.

Mandoble:
2.4B41 ready, check first post for download.

2.4B41 change log:
[*] fixed: MCC TV flickering effect gone.
[*] fixed: UH60S sonobuoys back.
[*] fixed: "Is mando missile present there?" hint without reason gone.
[*] Added: Lifting hud with camera added for several chopper classes.
[*] Added: HMD for AH1Z.
[*] Added: where is the other crew member looking at indicator for the AH64 monocle.
[*] Added: XEH auto-initialization addon.
[*] Added: SAM Site mission example using mando radar.
[*] Changed: All HUD is moved to layer 3 to avoid interferences with other default "Cut" commands.
[/list]

Some notes about MMA_XEH_AutoLaunch.pbo made by Kju:
If you have this and Extended Event Handlers it will try to self-initialize MMA in the following way:
- If the mission being played has not initialized MMA after few seconds and it is the server, it initializes MMA.
- If the mission being played has not initialized MMA after few seconds and it is a client, it initializes MMA only if the server has initialized it.
- If the server initialized it but you dont have MMA, you will see a notification every 10 seconds indicating that MMA is missing on your client.

When MMA is self initialized it checks for presence of FFAA and ACE to setup automatically their respective configurations.

blaunarwal:
After updating to the latest version I get this message:
Warning Message: Script mando_missiles\mando_setup_ace.sqf not found

After loading ArmA2 without ACE2 it finds ffaa mod
Warning Message: Script mando_missiles\mando_setup_ffaa.sqf not found

I then tried my usual ACE2 config with other mods without mma and there was no error. So I'm sure it's not an error of one of the other mods.

I installed mma according to the manual, after deletion of the old version and demo missions copied the new stuff  to the respective directories.

Mandoble:
Quite weird, try removing the MMA_XEH_AutoLaunch.pbo.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version