Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Having Trouble with Convoys staying in formation  (Read 1455 times)

Offline Spooky

• Members
Having Trouble with Convoys staying in formation
« on: 10 Aug 2009, 08:30:28 »
Hello, I didnt play ARMA@ but had Operation flashpoint for years and never had a problem with convoys. My problem is I have a Convoy of 9 vehicles with 2 tanks a Bmp, shilka, 2 jeeps and 3 trucks in column formation I want them to drive along the south coast road of the large map the problem is the dont stay together I have tried setting their behavior to safe and they just keep smashing into each others vehicles and and any street sign or light post some drive the wrong way only the armour reaches the checkpoints because everything else is too damaged, I didnt have this problem with flashpoint i am just wondering if it happens to anyone else ....Thanks
"On My signal Unleash Hell!"

Offline nominesine

• Former Staff
  • I'm NOT back!
    • The IKB Forum
Re: Having Trouble with Convoys staying in formation
« Reply #1 on: 10 Aug 2009, 10:21:54 »
Try the forceSpeed command. It allows you to set maximum speed for vehicles.  Sometimes it helps. I don't know what speed is best for an assortment of shilkas, bmp's and trucks though. Test it out. But since your convoy contains a mix of tracked and wheeled vehicles I fear that they will have to move at a very slow pace to avoid spinning and hitting eachother.
OFPEC | Intel Depot
RETARDED Ooops... Retired!

Offline JamesF1

• Editors Depot Staff
    • JamesBurgess.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: 10 Aug 2009, 13:43:49 »
Don't even try a convoy in A2 - they don't work.  The number of threads about them, and the number of approaches people have tried, on the BI Forums is insane: none of them work.  The AI, when in convoy, will not stick to the road, or anything like that.

That said, if you come across a way to make them work, I think a good proportion of the mission-editing community will forever be in your debt ;)

Offline DeanosBeano

• Addons Depot Staff
  • SirDeanosbeano bstowed on me by sui ;)
    • Fraghaus
« Reply #3 on: 10 Aug 2009, 13:57:56 »
 Whilst it maybe the case that the roads in the islands and objects could be the cause , it maybe a good idea for epople to post here exactly what they have tried so that all causes can be eliminated.

As people will already know there are several hundred variations for setting up a convoy and moving them.
 Some of the parmaters that can be tested if not already are.

1 . set up the groups ranking sytem properly so they know where they are in a formation and not only by order of wich they were placed in the editor.
 2. try all variants of waypoint , safe , careless etc.
 3. if way points wont work because of the tightness of the roads or clutter of objects. try domove command in a script and set the waypoints by script.
4 as well as above you can use domove by placing cones on an empty map where you would normally place the waypoint. save the mission and extract the XZY from the mission .sqm rea arange this to X,Y,Z  and use domove xyz.

although this may seem silly ,this wil give future readers of this thread something to look at and will also strengthen any bug reports that need to be sent to BIS.

hope this sounds as placid as i am writing it :).
 experiment , learn and ,ost of all have fun .

DB
« Last Edit: 10 Aug 2009, 20:28:00 by DeanosBeano »
I love ofp

Offline nominesine

• Former Staff
  • I'm NOT back!
    • The IKB Forum
« Reply #4 on: 10 Aug 2009, 15:00:04 »
That's the spirit DeanosB!  And I say use the force
 :yes:
OFPEC | Intel Depot
RETARDED Ooops... Retired!

Offline Pr0ph3t

• Members
« Reply #5 on: 25 Oct 2009, 10:33:49 »
Guys I just finished making a convoy ambush mission.. what's wrong with grouping a few trucks and set the to column / limited or normal? they drive fine in formation

if you need to fill the trucks, move in cargo with seperate groups and give them get out waypoints..

« Last Edit: 25 Oct 2009, 22:05:12 by Pr0ph3t »