Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: ArmA Script Recoded - A notepad++ plugin  (Read 27512 times)

Offline i0n0s

ArmA Script Recoded - A notepad++ plugin
« on: 12 Oct 2009, 00:50:04 »
You may already know ArmA Script, a Notepad++ plugin.

It adds styling support for SQF to Npp:

And some other nice gimmicks ;)

Sadly the code was lost, so it's recoded. And here it is:
ArmA Script Recoded with support for the new ArmA II commands.

If someone is missing a feature: Just drop a note :)

Offline norrin

• Tutorial Writer
Re: ArmA Script Recoded - A notepad++ plugin
« Reply #1 on: 12 Oct 2009, 01:45:17 »
Thank you very much for this i0n0s - I must fire up your old ArmA Notepad++ plug-in at least a 1000 times a week :)

Offline Shuko

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 12 Oct 2009, 08:54:15 »
Thanks! Notepad++ is my weapon of choice as well.

Offline Rommel92

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 12 Oct 2009, 14:17:35 »
Thank you very much for this i0n0s - I must fire up your old ArmA Notepad++ plug-in at least a 1000 times a week :)

As do I, an update is greatly appreciated.

Offline Trexian

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 12 Oct 2009, 15:50:04 »
Hey i0n0s-

Great thanks for continuing to update this - it really is invaluable.

One issue I've discovered - I noticed that with certain commands, there is an arrow selection in the hint to look at different "definitions" or syntax.  GREAT idea.  But, it seems to crash my Npp.  Specifically, cutText in the init.sqf.

I've also noticed what appears to be new behavior.  When I have a hint up, then scroll or move my cursor off the command, the hint stays visible.  I have to click to get the hint to disappear.

Neither of these things are critical errors, though. :)  Still loving it.

Thanks,
T

Edit: Just checked with other commands, and it looks like the "up" arrow works fine, but the "down" arrow crashes.  I'm using 5.4.4, but will update to 5.5.1 to see if that fixes it. :)

Edit2:
Oops - that was a bad idea.  Now more crashing even to install.

Edit3:
Ok, sorted, sorta.  Complete reinstall of 5.5.1, update everything, restart as necessary, confirm stable.  (That wasn't as easy as it sounds.) ;)  Install the recoded version.  Looks like it works, even the arrows. :)

Now, it looks like the hint functionality has been taken out? Not a big deal, but I did kinda like it.
« Last Edit: 12 Oct 2009, 17:22:31 by Trexian »
Sic semper tyrannosauro.

Offline i0n0s

« Reply #5 on: 12 Oct 2009, 17:13:30 »
I got that report too for 5.4.5.
But: I can't reproduce it...
With 5.4.5 I can let me show the calltip of cutText and use the arrows without problems.

But the latest version 5.5.1 doesn't have this problem.

Offline Trexian

• Members
« Reply #6 on: 12 Oct 2009, 17:59:48 »
Just noticed that waitUntil is included as both an "operator" and "function"? :)

Oh, and in case you missed the edit above ;) the action to automatically hint a variable was removed? :)  My poor, aching, fingers will miss it (until I sort out how to record a macro of it). ;)
Sic semper tyrannosauro.

Offline ceeeb

• Members
« Reply #7 on: 13 Oct 2009, 02:30:13 »
Hello, I've just installed the plugin in Notepad++ v5.5.1 (Unicode) as per the instructions in the readme file, but the plugin ArmAscript.dll crashes upon loading & closing Notepad++.  :(

edit: I'll do a clean & reinstall to see if that helps.
« Last Edit: 13 Oct 2009, 02:48:07 by ceeeb »

Offline i0n0s

« Reply #8 on: 13 Oct 2009, 02:40:39 »
Is there any error message? The only thing I can think of is the missing xml file. But in this case N++ complains and doesn't use ArmAScript.
Do you have any additional plugins installed?

Offline ceeeb

• Members
« Reply #9 on: 13 Oct 2009, 03:00:56 »
I uninstalled NPP, then reinstalled, and all appears to be working fine now :)

My only guess is it may have been a conflict with my old home made SQF language definitions? It's been a while since I made them them so I can't remember...

Offline tcp

• Members
    • Violator Gaming
« Reply #10 on: 13 Oct 2009, 03:52:00 »
Make sure that if you are using %APPDATA% (default) that the plugin goes into your user directory. For XP, Application Data\notepad++\plugins. On Vista, AppData\Roaming\notepad++\plugins.

If you check Don't use %APPDATA% while installing notepad++, you can put everything into in the install directory (Program Files\notepad++\plugins). However, if you have the old version in %APPDATA% then put the new version in the install directory, you'll get the error on startup and shutdown of notepad++. Obviously, that's what happened to me until I remembered where I put the plugin last time.

Also, all new version of notepad++ are unicode, so only use the files inside of that.

BTW, what does the different settings for Show Call Tips do?

Should we warn the users who haven't let go of SQS syntax that support is taken out for it?
« Last Edit: 13 Oct 2009, 03:54:50 by tcp »

Offline Rommel92

• Members
« Reply #11 on: 13 Oct 2009, 03:58:02 »
Confirm Stable in 5.5.1, Unstable in 5.3.1. Just update the program and your good.  :P
Thanks i0n0s!

Offline Trexian

• Members
« Reply #12 on: 13 Oct 2009, 16:35:31 »
Ok, now I've lost the tool tips.  But, I think this is more a 5.5.1 issue, but I'll raise it here, just to see if there's a solution.  :good:

I updated one of the other addons with the auto updater.  That was a mistake.  It got caught in a loop where I would need to restart, it would restart and work fine for one session, then when I closed and re-started manually, it would think it needed to restart again.  Fiddlefucked with that for too long, then just reinstalled.  Made sure it was stable, not updated.

Then installed the recoded.  I did realize that I had to put the .xml into the right config area.  If I put it in plugins\config it would get deleted along with some other temporary files.  But I found the appdata\plugins\config and that seems to work better.

I did some customization with the style in terms of colors and such, then realized I wasn't getting the tool tip popup.  Can't figure it out.

Edit: also, it seems to run slower....

Edit3:
'Nuther reinstall.  I put the .xml in BOTH config places.  If I only put it in one place, the first time it started up, it couldn't find it, so wouldn't start.  Now, everything seems to work fine.   :cool2:

Sorry to keep editing and have you hunting bugs, i0n0s!
« Last Edit: 13 Oct 2009, 17:08:39 by Trexian »
Sic semper tyrannosauro.

Offline i0n0s

« Reply #13 on: 13 Oct 2009, 16:46:58 »
Those "hint variable" may be added.

About the call tips:
You can select none which disables them ( @ Trexian ;) )
Minimal, which shows the syntax, the parameter and the return value.
Normal adds the description.
Maximum also shows the required version and the locality of the effect and the parameter.

I'll check about 5.3.1
Edit: Works well  ???
« Last Edit: 13 Oct 2009, 16:50:08 by i0n0s »

Offline tcp

• Members
    • Violator Gaming
« Reply #14 on: 13 Oct 2009, 18:25:57 »
I think it runs great. My only issue as stated previously by Trexian is that hints don't disappear without clicking. Also they pop up too quickly on mouseover.