Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: (Review Completed) [SP/COOP1-10] 'Cipher' - final  (Read 11306 times)

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
Re: [SP/COOP1-10] 'Cipher'
« Reply #45 on: 05 Nov 2009, 22:58:16 »
Awesome. will test it tonite. I need to kill some guys!

Ok had another run through last night... it played just as it should. The intro is really great and ends properly too now. Nice choice of music, is that in game or did you supply the piece?

Now for the bad part.. :D

The extraction...ok we havent gotten many cracks at the extraction.. Its worked fine in the past so we often skip it once we've got the suitcase and cleared the area. Last night we attempted it again... and we found that we had to call the extraction twice before the helo actually came. Second issue is it took a long time to come... I mean the battle has just completed your at this high and then it takes like almost 5 mins to actually arrive. Its a bit of a downer. Last night the helo came in and then touched down and then left. so of course we called it again but it seemed like it wanted to go back to the starting position first.  So we gave up.  Now we were shooting at a sniper at 500 meters so I'm not sure if we spooked the helo or what.

I think you should consider a couple things here.. like spawning the helo much closer to the objective. Perhaps moving the units in when the helo lands, then pan around with a cam and end the mission. Something along those lines.

I love the new options, like the revealing the position after a certain time!

This is truly a wonderfully built mission.
« Last Edit: 06 Nov 2009, 14:49:24 by hoz »
Xbox Rocks

Offline Wiper

• Members
Re: [SP/COOP1-10] 'Cipher' - final
« Reply #46 on: 17 Nov 2009, 02:18:14 »
Thanks for the praise hoz !
Makes me even more courious for the review :)

As you suggested v1.41b has now incorporated a much closer spawing of the extraction chopper, alongside with some tweaks in the code for a more robust behaviour plus an important fix for SpecOp JIP which was broken due to an oversight after my recent implementation/fixes of the MP intro.

That should be it for now so lets concider Cipher 1.41b as final.

Happy reviewing  :clap:

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #47 on: 18 Nov 2009, 19:44:31 »
Xbox Rocks

Offline kju

• Members
    • PvPScene - The ArmA II multiplayer community
« Reply #48 on: 19 Nov 2009, 17:37:25 »
Nice mission.  :good:

I didn't check the code yet. What do you need to adapt,
if you want to port it to another world roughly?

Offline Wiper

• Members
« Reply #49 on: 11 Dec 2009, 08:04:32 »
Sorry for the delayed reply guys but I needed (and still need ) some distance to the game atm. It hooked me totally since June when A2 came out and I still feel correspondingly wasted with it  :-)

hoz,
many thanks for the review, and for your tests and your guidance in polishing that mission as well !

kju,
there are 4 things that at least must be done for a island port:
  • 1) UrbanPos.sqf consisting the marker names (see below), the random probability (to be the mission area) and the area radius of the primary location. Carful for no missing markers or mis-typed names as they might screw up the init completely
  • 2) The urban/village markers in the editor. These are used for the map/briefing areas & names
  • 3) func\IsInPosBlackList.sqf - that file defines blacklist areas where no AI should be placed or move to, f.e. islands, deep ponds or lakes
  • 4) The markers starting with "rp_" on the map should be replaced on the roadnetwork similar to the ones on Chernarus. If more or less of those are needed its best to create a new consistent row set of them. After that the new highest number (last marker) must be assigned to the var ADPI_RoadMarker_Counter in the init_initial.sqf

Furthermore some additionally measures should be taken for island objects other or different to the Chernarus ones:

Buildings should be checked if/how they work for the AI in regards of BuildingPos (setpos and move). For troubling ones there is an extra blacklist defined in the init_initial that should be updated accordingly( ADPI_BL_BuildingPos for all movement and ADPI_BL_BuildingPos_ini for initial placement).

Also the blacklists  ADPI_BL_VehicleSfcs, ADPI_BL_RoadSfcs and ADPI_BL_CoverObjects should be verified for objects different than in Chernarus.

And finally the dreaded intro. I'd say best choice is to just deactivate the intro completely (in the options so that Cipher_into always equals 0), the respective units are deleted automatically then.

Hope i didnt forget something important.
If in trouble or have questions just drop me a mail or simply post it here.
« Last Edit: 11 Dec 2009, 08:13:40 by Wiper »