Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Hmm... Kits  (Read 2620 times)

Offline JamesF1

• Editors Depot Staff
    • JamesBurgess.co.uk
Hmm... Kits
« on: 23 Aug 2009, 17:09:43 »
Please do not mirror (or otherwise redistribute) this resource at this time.  It is not ready for release.

This is the first script that I've even really considered publicly releasing for A1 or A2 (most of my stuff stays internal to my squad/add-ons/missions) - and it's just a simple kits script, to mirror and extend SPON Kits' functionality a little.  It was 'developed' entirely from scratch, with the exception of the muzzle-select portion that was used with Spooner's permission.

At the moment, I'd just like people to take a look over it, tell me things to tidy up, any bugs you find, etc.  I hope there shouldn't be anything significantly wrong with the script itself... but I'm always ready to be surprised :)  I wrote most of this script at 3am one morning, so, even though it functions perfectly for me (in my limited SP testing), it may be poorly optimised, or just plain illogical.  :whistle:

Features:
- Handles kit assignment at both mission start, and upon respawn.
- Also handles Item assignment/restriction.
- Choice of modes of operation on respawn (non-AI only):
      - Start with no weapons.
      - Start with original weapons.
      - Start with weapons you died with.
      - Use default A2-engine method (not sure why you'd want this... but still).
- NVG equipping (based on a boolean-return code block).

Known Issues:
- Next to no error handling.  If you miss a parameter... you may get no, or very weird, results.
- Probably not very well optimised.
- Respawn mode does not function on AI due to an A2 engine limitation... if you have a simple workaround, let me know...

Extra Bits:
- Very poorly documented at this stage.  There's a small example mission, and some usage information in both of the SQF files, and in a text file.
- Yields very little debugging information (except a few hints when a kit isn't found, or similar).

Download removed - other solutions currently exist, and I don't have the time to update this.
« Last Edit: 10 Dec 2010, 19:55:48 by JamesF1 »

Offline JamesF1

• Editors Depot Staff
    • JamesBurgess.co.uk
Re: Hmm... Kits
« Reply #1 on: 29 Aug 2009, 02:32:04 »
Sorry to bump this... but I'm really eager for some feedback.  Even something as simple as "this isn't remotely useful" would at least give me some indication of where to go (or, rather, where not to go) with this  :good:

Offline kju

• Members
    • PvPScene - The ArmA II multiplayer community
« Reply #2 on: 01 Sep 2009, 08:19:18 »
gday JamesF1  :)

I have recommended it to CoolBox for his very popular AAS PvP mission here:
http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/3374

I hope to give it a whirl myself today and look at the code.  :good:

Offline JamesF1

• Editors Depot Staff
    • JamesBurgess.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: 01 Sep 2009, 13:54:13 »
Sounds good, thanks ;)  If he needs any extra features, I might be able to add them (time-permitting).
« Last Edit: 01 Sep 2009, 15:42:00 by JamesF1 »