Addons & Mods Depot > Arma2 - Visitor 3 and Terrain Editing

V3 discussion Arma2 and OA

(1/3) > >>

DeanosBeano:
 I thought i would open this so people can discuss some differences they may stumble on when making new islands as well as discuss some problems which maybe related.

i have a few .

1. binarise now binarises all the clutter p3ds to the wrp ?
 i have just started  (bout an hour ago ) to binarise my Afghanistan setting map and noticed it is binarising all the clutter to the wrp.

2. If you Binarise and an error comes up ,Windows must shut down blah blah and you close it then binarise continues , this is a sign of failure and 99% of the time the island will not laod without crashing the game.

The reason for 99% of these in my case is that although the Path structure in configs point to there respective models like this for example "ca\plants2\clutter\c_autumn_flowers.p3d"
 Binarise will not accept it or read like the engine from The pbo prefix or cfgpatches."

If you look at the actual path for the above it is (this does not mean the pboprefixpath but the physical path or folder structure when pbos are unpacked to P@ drive).  "ca\plants2_Clutter\c_deadGrassBunch.p3d"
 this is how Binarise seees it. do not alter the path simply alter the folders themselves so the paths in your island configs read true. ( this is unless someone comes here with a solution , it maybe i am doing something wrong).

3 .  This is also a new one for me in my Binarise log , anyone got info on it ?

Found p:\afghanistan\Data\Layers\textures.lst, inserting textures not linked by .p3d-s.

I shall edit when i come across more  , but for now happy island making.

kju:
Thanks for sharing Deano.  :good:

Interesting finds / observations in there.
We are still at the start. Once we have found something or can comment,
I will be back.  :)

Gnat:
Yeh, good thread while so many *weirdness* things remain unexplained. Well, unlearnt anyway.

A learnt lesson;
Turns out the BinPBO crashes were due to an unused p3d (OFP or ArmA1) I had laying around in my working directory for the island.
Even though I have my Plant files in the suggested CA/PLANT/SUBDIRECTORY structure, I don't get any errors (for some trees at least) so that tip seems to work all the way through to final product.

Next enigma .... ?!
"Found p:\gnt_bliss\Data\Layers\textures.lst, inserting textures not linked by .p3d-s..."

DeanosBeano:
 Yeah  i already got that one down mate, not sure what it does at all , its brand new report for me i suspect its probably because  the textures are listed as .PNG in the texture .lst and  changing to Paa will fix that ?  and your right if you Binarise an already binarised file binpbo will crash , learned that one many times :)

i have another interesting one , it seems the mask layer has a new extension of LCA .
 I havent tested yet but i noticed that Cernarus_data_layers,pbo contains rvmats that are

texture = "ca\chernarus\data\layers\m_029_018_lca.paa";

wher as when we complie ours they will be

".....................\M_014_017_lco.paa";

i am gonna do a small island test see if something changes i think but because of no errors i assume BIS built in a catch for old LCo and new LCA .

will report back here if any changes

kju:
The texture.lst might be to convert textures from png to paa that are not referenced in any model.
In A1 BI used a helper.p3d for those. Might be the new way to do it in their pipeline.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version