Scripted ride on top of APC
Practical uses of the attachTo command Part 1
© JUNE 2009 - norrinDescription
Suite of scripts that allows up to 4 players to ride on the top of an APC. From there they can stand, crouch, turn around, shoot reload and disembarkDownloadhttp://norrin.org/downloads/ArmA2/attachTo/onTop2.utes.rar
(Version 2)OFPEC EDTo implement in your own missions
1. Copy the sitOnTopVcl folder from the test mission into your mission file.
2. Create an AAV in the editor, name it (eg. AAV1), then in the APC's init box put:
nul = [this] execVM "sitOnTopVcl\mount_vcl_init.sqf";
3. Create playable units and name them in the editor.To use
1. Run up to the AAV and you will get the option to ride on top.
2. Once you are on top and attached you can:
a/ turn around using the "delete" and "end" keys
b/ disembark using the insert key - this will unattach you from the vehicle and you can just walk off using the "W" key.
c/ reload using the "R" key
d/ aim and target within a limited arc, bring up the iron sites, the use the "alt" key to move your aim around - for gross changes in direction use the turn around keys listed above.Tested
On a dedicated server but without multiple players
Hopefully something similar will be applicable to choppers and I'll start work on that next weekPut Bike in pick-up
Practical uses of the attachTo command Part 2
revision 1 (080609)Description
A script that allows you to put a bike on the back of a pick-up, drive it round then unmount the bike. Downloadhttp://norrin.org/downloads/ArmA2/attachTo/loadOnTruck01.utes.rarOFPEC EDTo implement in your own missions
1. Copy the mountOnVcl folder from the test mission into your mission file.
2. Create a pick-up in the editor and name it, , then in the trucks init box put:
nul = [this,"bicycle"] execVM "mountOnVcl\mount_vcl_init.sqf";
3. Create a player in the editor and name it.
4. Create a bike in the editor.To use:
1. Move close to vehicle make sure a bicycle is close at hand and the use the action: "Mount on Vehicle"
2. You can then drive around - note the bikes pedals go around as you drive the car.
3. Get out of the car and "Dismount bike from car".Tested
Dedicated server by myselfPut car in C-130
Practical uses of the AttachTo command Part 3Description
A script that allows you to put a car or hummer etc in the cargo section of a C-130, fly it round then unmount the vehicle. Downloadhttp://norrin.org/downloads/ArmA2/attachTo/Hercules01.utes.rarOFPEC ED
To implement in your own missions
1. Copy the mountOnC130 folder from the test mission into your mission file.
2. Create a pick-up in the editor and name it, , then in the C130's init box put:
nul = [this,"car"] execVM "mountOnC130\mount_vcl_init.sqf";
3. Create a player in the editor and name it.
4. Create a car of some sort in the editor.To use:
1. Move close to the rear of the C130 make sure a car is close at hand and then use the action: "Load vehicle on C-130"
2. You can then fly around.
3. Get out of the plane then "Unload Vehicle".Tested
Dedicated server by myselfOther Notes
You can probably put just about anything into the C-130, just makes sure you put the correct class in the C130's init box line, you may also need to change this line
_mountVcl attachTo [_vcl,[0,0,-2]];
in the mount_vcl.sqf which you can find in the mountOnC130 folder.Move to helicopter door and fire
(Updated 19th August 2009, Version 0.2)
Practical uses of the AttachTo command Part 4Description
A script that allows you to move from the seat position within a UH-1
to the door way so that you can fire outside while the chopper is moving. Downloadhttp://norrin.org/downloads/ArmA2/attachTo/heliDoor02.utes.rarOFPEC EDTo implement in your own missions
1. Copy the heliDoor folder from the test mission into your mission file.
2. Create a UH-1 in the editor and name it, , then in the chopper's init box put:
nul = [this] execVM "heliDoor\heliDoor_init.sqf";
3. Create a player in the editor and name it.To use:
1. Get in the chopper once inside you should get an action that allows you to move to the left or right door
2. To aim: bring up the iron sights and hold the alt key to move your aim point around
3. Press "R" to reload
4 Press "INSERT" to move back to your seat - NB you will need to do this to disembark the chopperLimitations
If the chopper is accelrating or decelerating hard you may bob around a bit inside while at the doors and may not be able to shoot - unfortunately this is a limitation of the
attachTo command. When in level flight it seems to work really nicely.Test Mission
Get in the back of the chopper and then move to the door (you can also do this while in flight). Order the pilot to move to a position on the map. Try moving to each door and
On a dedicated server by myself