Addons & Mods Depot > ArmA - Configs & Scripting

Light cones?

(1/3) > >>

Delta Hawk:
How would someone make a light cone on a vehicle?  I've tried useing the "create lightpoint" thing, but i guess that can only be a light point and not a cone.  Will I have to make my own light cone like a street lap and attach it to my vehicle?

Gnat:
You just mean a normal headlamp ?
Opening the the BIS sample files HMMWV I can see in the Memory LOD the following named points;

L svetlo (left lamp, point close to vehicle)
konec L svetla  (left lamp, point out from vehicle in direction of light)

P svetlo (right lamp, point close to vehicle)
konec P svetla  (right lamp, point out from vehicle in direction of light)

Delta Hawk:
No, I mean a light cone independent of the vehicles headlights that you can turn on and off.  I'm trying to figure this out cause I want to add "Alley Lights" to my police car, which will come in handy when you're driving through a city at night and you want to look down a dark alley without having to turn your car into the alley.

Planck:
Gnat has already said how to do it.

Being able to move the light cone like a searchlight would be another matter though, would probably need a turret definition on the vehicle model for that.

Planck

Delta Hawk:
No, I am not talking about the vehicle's own leadlamps that use konec L/P svetla that you can turn on useing the L key.  As far as I understand, konec L/P svetla is only used for the vehicle's natural headlamp.

For the "Alley Lights" and the "Take Down" lights that are on the lightbar to work correctly, they can not use the vehicle's own headlamps.  You have to be able to turn them on and off independtly of the vehicle's headlamps.

My best guess is to make a invisible street lamp or something like it and attach it to the car.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version