Missions Depot > OFP - Reviewed Missions

(Review Completed) [SP] The Final Stand

(1/9) > >>

Krieg:
Mission Description

Soviets had invaded Desert Island almost a year ago, they had conquered most of the island. But now, NATO forces had returned stronger then ever. They had pushed Soviets to very edge of the island. Now Soviets are preparing a massive last stand. Play as Soviet soldier, help them repulse NATO attacks... Or die trying.

I made this long ago, but I improved it in last few days.

Required addons

None

Version of Operation Flashpoint

I made it in 1.46 CWC version, works fine in higher versions.

Version

Final Version 1.5

Known Bugs

It might lag on older PC's (Reduces as much as possible)

Link

Size: 1735 KB
http://rapidshare.com/files/259156151/The_Final_Stand.Intro.zip

Edit: This mission has been reviewed and is available from the Missions Depot.

savedbygrace:
Welcome to OFPEC Krieg. We'll give this one a test tonight or sometime this weekend.

BTW, I thought the GOTY version included Resistance(1.75) and the 1.96 patch?

Krieg:
My version of GOTY which I buyed somewhere in 2005 from SoldOut Software had even lower version before I upgraded it to 1.46. I can't remember which, but I think it was something like 1.06 or something  :confused:.
In "box" where CD was placed, it says: Operation Flashpoint GOTY and serial number.

By the way, game can get really laggy until you kill some enemies but it might not get laggy. I just played and it runned perfectly yet other time it lagged like 'ell.

schuler:
note: game works with 1.96 goty :)
nevertheless it is a good defend the base mission and idea with nice setpos on obj's, but lag is overcoming , pretty much unacceptable sorry to say, its like 300 hamsters in a wheel ;)
if you want to use AI like that you need to spawn them! there seem to be over a hundred enemy.
mission
i stayed behind the destroyed M113 (i think is was) after time i fired on a US tank taking it out then i had my back to the enemy and someone shot me in the ass 'yank bastards'  :D
overall: [find a way to reduce lag]
cheers and welcome to the forums, schuler   

Krieg:
Thank you schuler.

About M113/Ural mix:I accidentally put it on M113 when making the level, but when I spotted it, I did not remove it... It was kind of symbol of mission.

About lag: Maybe I should cut down on enemies a little bit? I mean, I putted in some M1A1's which make mission impossible to survive, and maybe I should reduce number of enemy squads attacking positions where player is not present.

Still, until making new version, I will wait for some more tests (1 or 2 more).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version