Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: (Review Completed) [MP] Raining Blood  (Read 5196 times)

Offline Chrispy

• Members
  • You never saw me! ;)
    • Delta Zero
(Review Completed) [MP] Raining Blood
« on: 31 Mar 2007, 03:49:31 »
This mission is a Sector Control map on Malden. It ain't exported but you can stick it in your user missions folder (MP) and give it a go. I feel that it's missing a lot, but I'm struggling to get the mission good.

Any help = appreciated.

OFPEC Download (Link to review)

Thanks!

Chris :)
« Last Edit: 24 Jan 2009, 15:05:23 by Cheetah »
Need proof-reading for anything? Need a banner for your upcoming mod? Need a pic for your mission? Hit me up with a message. I have a bit of knowledge in Photoshop and formal/military writing.
Be sure to provide sufficient details when posting what you want requested. Thanks guys!

Offline Chrispy

• Members
  • You never saw me! ;)
    • Delta Zero
Re: Raining Blood (MP) (review please)
« Reply #1 on: 01 Apr 2007, 01:27:38 »
By the way, it's for OFP v1.46. No addons are required, but I may use addon content in this MP mission.

Need proof-reading for anything? Need a banner for your upcoming mod? Need a pic for your mission? Hit me up with a message. I have a bit of knowledge in Photoshop and formal/military writing.
Be sure to provide sufficient details when posting what you want requested. Thanks guys!

Offline Chrispy

• Members
  • You never saw me! ;)
    • Delta Zero
« Reply #2 on: 02 Apr 2007, 08:23:50 »
Okay, attached is the newer version of the map.

Changes:

• I added .1 to the fog.
• I added guard towers to the sector bases.
• I added crate marks in the ground.

What I'm planning on doing (or might consider doing):

• Giving the snipers and your team HKs (it'll make things kinda silent in the raining night! And also, when I tried last time, it didn't work. I'll retry).
• Changing the layout of the wire, and rather than scattered in random directions, have them all lined up everywhere... like walls.
• Having a script that makes the weather VERY rainy and all (there is a ''setrain'' thing you can do but that's for OFPR and I don't have OFPR...).
• Having some really scary music (the stock ones just don't do it. And the ''scary'' ones are short).

It requires the ''EditorUpgrade102.pbo'' but I think a newer version can be used still.

Hope you will enjoy this version more. And... that's all really... lol. :D

Offline Tom

• Members
  • BMPs are my nemesis
« Reply #3 on: 13 May 2007, 15:04:32 »
Holy crap this mission STILL hasnt been reviewed. or commented on. And its been a month! If i'd still have OFP installed Chris i'da give nyou feedback in no time. But this is just...laughable.
"In times of war, do not crave honour. Do not pray for order, amity or surrender. Ask only that you outlive the day."

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #4 on: 14 May 2007, 16:00:18 »
If something is not worth saying, don't say it.   If it is worth saying, say it nicely and make the world a happier place. 

Hope somebody tries it soon Chris, although it's always hard to get MP missions tested.   

For the avoidance of doubt, the mission will almost certainly work fine in any version of OFP higher than 1.46.  (I.e. with Resistance or GOTY, patched or unpatched.)
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Offline Tom

• Members
  • BMPs are my nemesis
« Reply #5 on: 16 May 2007, 07:31:36 »
I got told...sorry...
"In times of war, do not crave honour. Do not pray for order, amity or surrender. Ask only that you outlive the day."

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #6 on: 16 May 2007, 13:41:41 »
And now the world is a happier place.    :)
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Offline Chrispy

• Members
  • You never saw me! ;)
    • Delta Zero
« Reply #7 on: 22 May 2007, 07:46:49 »
It's all good lol. I'm assuming it's harder to test an MP map because you have to actual round up human players to properly test the map?

Anyways it woulda been great if I could do the ''setrain'' effect, but I need Resistance...

Chris

Offline NightJay0044

• Former Staff
  • Let's make OFPEC great again
    • My Steam Workshop
« Reply #8 on: 17 Jan 2009, 05:39:54 »
:welcome:

Looks like this was dug up from the ground. I'll get my shovel, stick it in the ground and see what we can make out of this.. :)

Review Completed

This topic is open for after-review discussion. Have any spectacular stories? Feel free to share them!
« Last Edit: 24 Jan 2009, 01:35:21 by NightJay0044 »
Who's hyped for Arma4, long live Arma!