Addons & Mods Depot > Arma2 - Addons & Mods Discussion

ARMA2 Texturing Tip

<< < (3/3)

KBourne:
Hi,

Sorry to drag this topic up again. I hope this isn't against regulations, the reason why I drag this topic back up is because I'm interested to know how to re-texture the US Delta's in to a Woodland camo texture within my mission development.

After a wide search on the Internet e.g. google search, I wasn't able to find a lot of info about how where and what I need to do, in exception of this post but at this point you might say that I am a noob especially if it comes towards addons, texturing etc.

I know we have the nice BB units that I can use to replace the units but I am focusing to develop my missions without the need of any addons for the end User if possible.

The reason that I want to use Delta woodland units:

Firstly the mission will take place on aether Chernarus or the new upcoming DLC map.
Secondly the Arma2 units cant Cary backpacks while the OA units can and the scenario requires the use of backpacks for the players character.   
Third Woodland fits better withing the Chernarus environment.

If anyone is able to explain me or give me more detailed info in how to apply textures trough mission editing you can contact me trough PM here or at the bis forums.

Thanks in advance ..

Kind regards   

Gnat:

--- Quote from: JasonO on 20 Jun 2009, 04:27:13 ---The texture file name is simply the texture in your mission folder. If it is in the same folder as the mission.sqm, then just put the name and the extension (must be .PAA and maybe .PAC). If you put it in a folder in your mission then you need to reflect that in your texture path.

--- End quote ---

VXF-VOLT:
This thread has some helpful texturing tips and I thank all of you for the insight.

Is there an Arma 2 step by step texturing tutorial ?

Thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version