Addons & Mods Depot > OFP - Addons & Mods Beta Testing

RPT steerable skydive and steerable parachute system (with "kick" weapon)

(1/4) > >>

Raptorsaurus:
RPT_SteerabelChute system for OFP-Resistance 1.91 or later.

This is my first publicly submitted addon. Everything works great, except I had the bright idea to add a weapon to the parachute that enables the player to swoop down and kick an enemy in the head before landing. The weapon works and you can actually kick a unit in the head (try the demos attached). The problem is that the darn weapon makes a muzzle flash. I need help to eliminate this flash. It is pretty dumb looking that kicking would make a bright flash at night and a puff of smoke in the day (the smoke problem is now fixed but the flash problem remains). I tried experimenting with the config but now I need help because I am out of ideas.

Some features of the RPT_SteerableChute system:

* Parachute has realistic control and glide ratio. It is based on a high-glide parachute system (see link below)
* Sky diving pack also has realistic control/fall rate/glide ratio. Scripting and careful geometry makes it stable, but unable to "glide" as is the case with some other sky diving addons.
* AI units will stay in formation with their leader (leader can be AI or player).
* An all AI squad can skydive and parachute (included scripts facilitate this).
* Scripts included to help mission makers use this addon for HALO or HAHO jumps from aircraft, including all AI squads.
* Player can swoop down and kick an enemy (weapon resets, so you could potentially kick more than one guy).
* Life vest will deploy if parachute lands in water. The life vest is also useable with other vehicles and allows men to swim.
* Detailed usage instructions in addon folder.http://www.airborne-sys.com/pages/view/hi-glide-system

Attached is a zip file containing threefour demo missions, the RPT_SteerableChute.pbo file, the unPBOed folder (so it is easier for you modeling and config gurus to examine it and help me). There is also RPT_SteerableChute Instructions.rtf and Readme First.txt.

For a more extensive test mission download HALO Raid: http://www.raptorsaurus.net/rpt_missions.html .

Update Log:

* Feb, 19 2009 (2:30 PM) - Updated demo mission Files with RPT tag, Added required version (OFP-Resistance 1.91) to readme and instructions
* Feb, 19 2009 (10:00 PM) - Changed config.ccp per suggestions made by Walter_E_Kurts and removed the instructions from within the PBO.
* July 10, 2009 - Changed config.ccp to eliminate vehicle light from parachute and skydiver pack.
* June 18, 2010 - Changed config.ccp for more realistic camouflage parameters, night time spotable coefficients and parachute pilot ability to id targets.
* Dec. 11, 2011 - Added life vest for water landings. (Also useable for other water craft and for soldiers swimming.)
* v. 1.1, May 6, 2012 - Added "vector dots" to help with navigation and maneuvering during sky diving and parachute flight.
* v. 1.2, Feb. 10, 2013 - Fixed error where if a designated landing zone radius was too small an invalid position array problem might occur.
* v. 1.3, June 18, 2014 - Fixed error in the function "MovePosAcc.sqf" that caused improper trajectory calculations.

Walter_E_Kurtz:
Error on starting OFP: "No entry 'config.bin/CfgAmmo/KozliceShell.simulation'."

Crashes when loading demo missions.

I'll have another try later.

Planck:
Strange stuff, cfgAmmo.kozliceShell doesn't require a simulation parameter.

Planck

Raptorsaurus:
That is very stange. I have no problems running it. I have OFP GOTY updated to 1.96. Maybe you are trying it with pre-resistance OFP? I know that the Kozlice Shotgun was not added until OFP Resistance. Anyway, I could change it to use a pre-resistance bullet type and then just make it a burst effect with good dispersion.

Also, I solved the smoke problem for day missions. An old post by Colonel Klink at the BIS forums helped me with that, but I still get the flash at night. I have updated the download to beta v2(beta v6). It has the non-smoking kick for day missions and no longer uses a modified Kozlice ammo type for the RPT_Kick ammo. I still need help getting rid of the muzzle flash at night. Hopefully the updated ammo type will solve that wierd KozliceShell error.

Walter_E_Kurtz:
I don't have conclusive proof, but I suspect part of the problem may have been that you didn't include the class hierarchy under CfgAmmo, CfgWeapon and CfgVehicle - I don't know whether it's essential or just good practice.

Before
--- Code: ---class cfgAmmo
{
     class KozliceShell {};
class RPT_Kick : KozliceShell
{
};

class LaserGuidedBomb {};
class RPT_KickLegs : LaserGuidedBomb
{
--- End code ---

After
--- Code: ---class cfgAmmo
{
class Default{};
class BulletSingle : Default {};
class BulletBurst : BulletSingle {};
class KozliceShell : BulletBurst {};
class RPT_Kick : KozliceShell
{
};

class LaserGuidedBomb : Default {};
class RPT_KickLegs : LaserGuidedBomb
{
--- End code ---

Similarly, for CfgWeapons (your version remindered with //)
--- Code: ---class cfgWeapons
{
class Default {};
class LAWLauncher : Default {};
class CarlGustavLauncher : LAWLauncher {};
class AT3Launcher : CarlGustavLauncher {};
class HellfireLauncher : AT3Launcher {};
class MaverickLauncher : HellfireLauncher {};
// class MaverickLauncher {};
class RPT_Kick : MaverickLauncher
{
--- End code ---

And finally, CfgVehicles
--- Code: ---class CfgVehicles
{
class All {};
class AllVehicles : All {};
class Air : AllVehicles {};
class Plane : Air {};
class A10 : Plane {};
class Cessna : A10 {};
// class Cessna {};
class RPT_SteerableChute: Cessna
{
--- End code ---

Making the above changes (to version 1) allowed me to start OFP with no error. Trying one of the demo missions, or placing a RPT unit in the editor, crashed OFP.

Update: removed all third-party addons from \AddOns folder, added RPT_SteerableChute v3, launched OFP. Still crashes on trying one of the demo missions or on placing a RPT unit.

From Flashpoint.rpt
--- Quote ---=====================================================================
== D:\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE
=====================================================================
Exe version: Mon May 26 16:34:00 2008

graphics:  Direct3D HW T&L , Device: RADEON X800 XT Platinum Edition , Driver:ati2dvag.dll 6.14.10.6822
resolution:  1280x1024x32
Addons:
  Bizon in bizon\, Su25 in su25\, 6G30 in 6g30\, BIS_WeaponPack in o_wp\, BMP2 in bmp2\
  Kozlice in kozl\, Steyr in steyr\, AH64 in apac\, Vulcan in vulcan\, Hunter in hunter\
  Kolo in kolo\, Mini in mini\, Trabant in trab\, G36a in g36a\, BRDM in brmd\
  Ch47D in ch47\, HMMWV in humr\, LaserGuided in laserguided\, Noe in noe\, OH58 in oh58\
  XMS in xms\, BIS_Resistance in o\, Flags1 in flags\, MM1 in mm-1\
  RPT_SteerableChute in rpt_steerablechute\, Bradley in m2a2\
Mods: RES
=======================================================
Date: 02/19/09  Time: 23:20:16
-------------------------------------------------------
Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 00650CE6
Version 1.96
Fault address:  00650CE6 01:0024FCE6 D:\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE
file:     RPT_SteerableChute kick test (day)
world:    Intro
Prev. code bytes: 7C 24 30 89 44 24 5C 8D 49 00 8B 4C 24 3C 8B 36
Fault code bytes: 8B 16 6A 00 6A 00 8D 44 24 48 50 51 56 FF 52 40

Registers:
EAX:EF78594C EBX:1087A6B4
ECX:00000000 EDX:104A3970
ESI:00000000 EDI:1087A6B4
CS:EIP:001B:00650CE6
SS:ESP:0023:0010F420  EBP:1087A670
DS:0023  ES:0023  FS:003B  GS:0000
Flags:00210282
=======================================================