Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: SPON Rangefinder v0.3.0 (ACCEPTED)  (Read 11223 times)

Offline etereotipo

• Members
Re: SPON Rangefinder v0.3.0 (READY)
« Reply #15 on: 20 Sep 2008, 21:47:19 »
Hi.
First off, thanks for this script, is the best rangefinder out there.

However, it has a small issue.
The good thing about the rangefinders is to be able to use realistic sniper teams, with a shooter and a spotter. For that you need a great script like this to allow the spotter to tell off target's ranges.
And the other thing you need is a good addon like GMJ_SightAdjustment to allow you adjust the elevation  of the reticle based on the range to make a perfect shot. The famous quote "One Shot, One kill"  :D

And here is where the problem arise. Spoon core and GMJ_SightAdjustment use keyEventHandlers, and  as the rangefinder is loaded last, it overwrites the GMJ_SightAdjustment key settings to adjust the reticle. So if you load the script and the addon for the sight afjustments, you end up with a nice and working rangefinder and a useless GMJ_SightAdjustment addon.

I have found a "dirty" workaround, and this is to comment out the line in the initCore which initializes the keyEventHandlers

Code: (initCore.sqf) [Select]
// Init other sub-components.
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "SPON\Core\initEventHandlers.sqf";
//call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "SPON\Core\initKeyEventHandlers.sqf";

As far as I tested, the rangefinder doesn't use the keyEventHandlers, so it is (or at least my test so far showed), harmless, as soon as you use ONLY the rangefinder, and do not use other script or functions that actually use the spoon core keyEventHandlers.

I don't know if you could fix this better, right now the way I fix it is enough for me, and I hope it helps others with the same problem.

PS - I posted this in the core thread by mistake, I have delete the post.

I have the same problem, and i don't know how i can fix it, if i put the SPON Rangefinder the addon GMJ_SightAdjustment don't work (i can't changes the MOAs) and if i comment the line "//call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "SPON\Core\initKeyEventHandlers.sqf" i can change the MOAs and i can use the SPON Rangefinder but later i can't change the MOAs in the GMJ_SightAdjustment addon another time. Can someone help me please?

Thx

Offline Spooner

• Members
  • Mostly useless
    • Community Base Addons
« Reply #16 on: 20 Sep 2008, 22:11:33 »
Rangefinder does use key events, in order to change the mils/degrees values shown (press R to cycle through them).

Sight Adjust, like most things, steals the key event handlers for itself, not allowing others to share it. To be compatible with SPON Core, use Shole's DEH, which includes a fixed version of the sight-adjustment that will be compatible with SPON. It also includes Shole's own NVG addon which is quite nice.

[Arma 2] CBA: Community Base Addons
[Arma 1] SPON Core (including links to my other scripts)

Offline etereotipo

• Members
« Reply #17 on: 20 Sep 2008, 22:15:08 »
Wow, ty for this rapid answer  :clap:

I will go to try this now  :good:

Thx another time ;)

EDIT: Work perfect!!!!  :yes:
« Last Edit: 20 Sep 2008, 22:27:10 by etereotipo »

Offline Spooner

• Members
  • Mostly useless
    • Community Base Addons
Re: SPON Rangefinder v0.3.0 (ACCEPTED)
« Reply #18 on: 22 Feb 2009, 17:54:30 »
Found a movie for SPON Rangefinder while poking around the 'Net.

SPON Rangefinder v0.3.0 @ Xfire (Unofficial video; thanks to Delta99)
[Arma 2] CBA: Community Base Addons
[Arma 1] SPON Core (including links to my other scripts)