Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Addon Depot  (Read 1400 times)

Offline solrac42

• Members
Addon Depot
« on: 24 Jul 2009, 21:58:04 »
I was wondering when are we going to see the addons in the addons depot ?

Offline Krieg

• Mission Maker
  • Members
  • Who dares wins.
Re: Addon Depot
« Reply #1 on: 26 Jul 2009, 09:18:12 »
Me also. There are almost no addons for original OFP.
If you see a light at the end of the tunnel, then it's probably an enemy tank.

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFPEC Old Timer
Re: Addon Depot
« Reply #2 on: 26 Jul 2009, 14:30:25 »
Addons for OFP: We have had a small project clicky in which we uploaded a number of golden oldies for OFP, however we obviously can't pretend the list is in any way comprehensive - mostly it's also for the missions we've got uploaded here.

Addons for ArmA: Never quite had time to get started - Armaholic & ArmedAssault.info (both of which can be found in our Banner Exchange on the first page) however host almost all of the addons released for A1.

Addons for Arma 2: Aren't terribly numerous yet.

Anyway, the bottom line of OFPEC is that we're not the be-all, end-all addon repository of the community - we're the editing repository. Granted, our store of addon-editing related tutorials et.al isn't as comprehensive as it could be, but we're more than happy to hear suggestions on more things to upload. There is, in fact, still considerable debate as to how exactly addon hosting at OFPEC is going to work - I would imagine that in a little while we might do a similar project for ArmA as we did for OFP, uploading some of the most appreciated addons in the community that have been used in missions on our site, but other than that there is no special consensus.

In short: the addons depot is, at the moment, primarily a place to ask questions, find resources, and otherwise cater to the addon-editing side of the community. NOT a place to download all the new releases.

Wolfrug out.
"When 900 years YOU reach, look as good you will not!"