Missions Depot > ArmA - Reviewed Missions

(Review completed) [SP/AD] Evil's Last Will (v.1.5)

<< < (2/26) > >>

Planck:
The Queens Gambit installation does indeed put a dbe1.pbo in the normal addons folder.

There is also a DBE1 mod folder in the arma root that holds the rest of QG.

Planck

Undeceived:
Alllllright... :)

The mission should be free of QG now!
I am uploading it to the first post now and I gave it a new version number (V. 1.01).

Ok, thank you, Planck, for this confirmation! But I think that it is definetely not well done by BIS, putting this dbe1.pbo (and another file I had to find) in the standard addons folder! I can't understand why. And I simply thought that they were part of the vanilla ArmA since 1.14 :D Oh man... Such a greenness! :) Sorry for this, guys! I'll learn out of this!

Well, anyway, it should work for you now, Wolfrug. I had used some objects that unfortunately are exclusively QG but I found them and took them out.
These objects were from the mentioned Dbe1.pbo (the hilux_armed) and from a file called Desert2.pbo (Field toilet and sleeping bags). In the Desert2.pbo there is the island Porto and these two objects. Is is why the line "porto" appeared in the mission.sqm, the mission itself plays on Sahrani, don't worry. :)

Here is the actual list of required addons (taken from the mission.sqm):

--- Code: ---addOnsAuto[]=
{
"CATracked",
"RHS_Marines",
"cwm_units",
"cacharacters",
"free",
"G85_Editor",
"VX_FleckcaWod",
"caair",
"CAWheeled",
"cabuildings",
"CAMisc",
"EditorUpdate_v102",
"CAWheeled3_TT650",
"caweapons",
"rhs_weap",
"CAWater",
"cadata",
"sara"
--- End code ---

There are only addons with the "CA" in front of them, which I believe that they are part of Vanilla ArmA. Is that right?
And "sara", which very likely is Sahrani. :)
And then there are the other addons that you guys would have to download (the Editor-Updates are in the mission package).
"free" seems to be the Freedom Fighters.

I hope that it's ok now. If anyone of you sees something odd, please contact me. Thanks, guys!

Wolfrug:
Ahh! Thanks for the clarification Undeceived! I got it working now.  :D

Just completed the first "part" of the mission (one shot, one kill. Very nice tension) - going on to the next sections. Looking good so far! Proper review upcoming.

Wolfrug out.

Undeceived:
Great! Good to see that it worked! :)

Cheetah:
Beta report by Cheetah (1.14, regular difficulty, required addons).

Overview
Looks pretty good. Not sure what has to change to make it look better, maybe make the image slightly more challenging.

Intro
I have to say that your camera work is good, or at least that I like it. No errors.

Briefing
Comprehensive yet clear about what has to be done. Weapon selection is present although not really useful for me, I like the MP5/M24 combo.

Mission

Will try to keep this one short, not only to make it easier for you, but also to prevent too much spoiling the story. And to be honest, I didn't make many comments, enjoying the mission :). Going to mention them from back to forth.

Error: got this error on the flight back (extraction), see attached picture.
Requested: the chopper pilot asked me to get on board and it worked, so I guess that was option a).
Recommendation: hunalapu was not eventful.
Bug: following actions from the bug below, the squad didn't board the truck.
Bug: at the point where I have to leave the resistance guys behind (couple hundred meters away from Hunalapu) there is no text from them (maybe the one who is supposed to speak died). Also, while this was going on, they were still 2 clicks behind me in the forest before the mountains because I was trying to complete the mission quickly (didn't want more enemy guys on my back).
Bug: I lost command of all resistance/falke just before they got into contact with the enemy, that is when falke died.
Bug: why have me move back to the exfil point, where I only get a message to go to the resistance leader. That was kind of a long tour that could've been shorter if only I didn't have to reach the exfil point first.

Bug: (not sure of when this occured) Twice a radio message got repeated multiple times. One message as much as three times (can't remember), the other two times and along the lines of: Roger that HQ I'll do anything you ask me. Somewhere towards the end, possibly after leaving the resistance behind.

Finally some gentle words :). The addons add a great lot to the atmosphere. The german voices are great! Good mission, worth finishing to the end.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version