Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Operation Firelord gives error.  (Read 1258 times)

Mugi

Operation Firelord gives error.
« on: 30 Oct 2002, 10:43:12 »
Hi,

I've searched the forums for an answer but to no avail.
I downloaded Operation Firelord yesterday and installed in my mission directory, EditorUpgrade102.pbo into my addons.

The missions shows up in the mission list and I can start it playing. I get the gorgeous intro but as soon as the Map/Briefing screen comes up I get the error editorupdate102 addon not found. Not EditorUpgrade102 (note names differ) that I would have expected.

Have I got the correct editor update addon?

It is the one "shipped" with the mission.

In game, at the start of the mission when I'm asked to get into the car, instead of driving me away, both NPC simply run away from the car towards the next checkpoint, leaving me stranded with no action menu.

Many thanks for any help.

Morgan

Mugi

Re:Operation Firelord gives error.
« Reply #1 on: 30 Oct 2002, 10:52:09 »
Hmm, may have found the answer, but not in the forums.

The editor packaged with the mission is, I think, Gunslinger's Editor Upgrade.

I'm running Resistance, so I presume I should be using the Kegetys Editor Addon.

I'll give it a try.

Offline toadlife

• OFPEC Old Skool
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFP Editing Center Toad
    • toadlife.net
« Reply #2 on: 31 Oct 2002, 07:58:34 »
It is Gunslingers addon. If the mission still doesn't work properly, you may want to try running it in v1.46.
« Last Edit: 31 Oct 2002, 08:00:31 by toadlife »
"Whenever you want information on the 'net, don't ask a question; just post a wrong answer." -- Cancer Omega.

Offline Archangel Scream

• Former Staff
  • OFPEC Former Staff: Audio editing & mission review
    • Britecorp
« Reply #3 on: 31 Oct 2002, 10:10:56 »
The problem appears encumbent upon the 1.85 patch.

It remains to be seen how extensive the problem is - hopefully, easily rectified.

OFP is an excellent game - a distinguished game. But OFP is founded upon missions. Without missions, you don't have gaming software.

It remains to be seen how BIS addresses the issue in the next patch.

« Last Edit: 31 Oct 2002, 10:14:15 by Archangel Scream »

Mugi

« Reply #4 on: 31 Oct 2002, 10:45:39 »
Thanks for the input.
I too think OFP is an excellent game. I was distracted by BF1942 for a short while, and it's great fun, but then I've just been reeled back in by all that's superb about OFP.

I still get annoyed by the bugs, such as hitting the top of the hill when I'm aiming at someone's head I can clearly see, or the falling through buildings.... However, it is everything a wargame should be to me.

One thing I do find frustrating though is that after playing BF42, I return to OFP and find that Oxygen is now available to all.... Now I have no idea about the exact timing but to me it feels like it was released after the threat from BF42. Was O2 released after BF42?

I'll stick with OFP just for the sheer possibility of the thing. Dodgy phyics aside there's an unimaginable scope for addons and missions - especially thanks to the great mission ed. Even I can make maps.

Final thought... I now have the BAS Littlebird too - a chopper I've dreamed of flying since I was 5 and fell in love with it on Magnum PI.

Very happy, but just wish for a game of firelord.

By the way, how can I now launch 1.46 to give that a try?

Cheers

Morgan