Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: ArmA camera.sqs, video tutorials (Accepted)  (Read 2648 times)

Offline mrsarkey

• Members
ArmA camera.sqs, video tutorials (Accepted)
« on: 17 Aug 2008, 21:55:30 »

Hi guys,

I have been working on an idea to bring the community some video tutorials for ArmA editing. These will begin with a focus on cutscene and movie making and then I might expand out. I've created a pilot (beta?) release video that gets you set up with the basics of "camera.sqs".

Download and streaming here : http://e-arma.blogspot.com/

Hope your interest, feedback welcome.

« Last Edit: 19 Aug 2008, 02:49:42 by hoz »

Offline Crowey

• Members
Re: Editing Armed Assault, video tutorials
« Reply #1 on: 17 Aug 2008, 23:12:05 »
Excellent work pal, I knew none of that, much easier to see than try to interprite what people mean via text....

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
« Reply #2 on: 18 Aug 2008, 13:46:13 »
Excellent, I would love to see the follow up episodes of this tutorial. I don't like making cutscenes altogether because I always have trouble making smooth ones, thanks to this I know that I can improve. Continue the good work please  :good:

By the way, was that a computer text-to-speech voice? If so, which did you use because it sounded pretty good and might be usable for custom voices  ::)
Like missions? Help with Beta Testing! or take a look at the OFPEC Missions Depot for reviewed missions!

Offline johnnyboy

• OFPEC Patron
  • Matan los Pantalones!!!
« Reply #3 on: 18 Aug 2008, 19:20:33 »
Mr. Sarkey,

Excellent.  Thanks much for taking the time for doing this.  These simple tricks will save me much time on future cutscenes.  Especially dialing in the buldozer controls so I can fluidly zoom and adjust camera angles (instead of jumping set increments).

Also the simple idea of putting the camera on the trigger so you can toggle it whenever you want is brilliant.

Watching the video, pausing it, and doing your same steps in the Editor at the same time was very helpful.

I look forward to the next installments.

johnnyboy.
El Cojon: "Do you like to Tango?"
You: "Only in Bagango."
Download Last Tango in Bagango and discover how El Cojon earned his name...

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFPEC Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: 18 Aug 2008, 23:06:34 »
This seems like the more logical place for this.  :cool2: I'm sure the ED depot staff will think about hosting these at some point, if allowed.

Wolfrug out.
"When 900 years YOU reach, look as good you will not!"

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 19 Aug 2008, 02:16:34 »
Wow that is one great vid. I especially like how you turn the editor screen to emphasize the menus on the right.

I've added it to the editors depot!
Thanks for taking the time to make this.
« Last Edit: 19 Aug 2008, 02:52:39 by hoz »
Xbox Rocks

Offline mrsarkey

• Members
Re: ArmA camera.sqs, video tutorials (Accepted)
« Reply #6 on: 19 Aug 2008, 14:14:51 »
Thanks for the feedback guys, most encouraging. I hope to have a new one out in a week.  :good: