Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: (Review Completed) [SP] Search and Destroy  (Read 8768 times)

Offline snafu

• Members
Re: [SP] Search and Destroy
« Reply #15 on: 23 Apr 2008, 19:15:03 »
Hi Denz, thanks for the test.

The mission has been put on hold at the moment until I finish my last assignment for Uni (yay!).

I'll try and put in all your suggestions when I have some free time. In the past week I was able to add and tweak some stuff to the mission.

Changes/Additions:

- Voices added (thanks Lee!)
- Trying to inroduce a trigger that detects the strength of your group and if it is strong enough will reveal a hidden objective. I decided this was the best way since everyone has different results, squad gets slotted or takes no casualties.
- That has forced me to introduce at the least an outro for the mission. I will try to have two different ones, one for the 1st Ending and one for the hidden objective. I already have had a go at camera scripting and has proved to be pretty hard and have had no luck with it. But I'll cross that bridge when the 'core' of the mission is done.
- I have changed the start position of the player so you will have to cross the entire plain area.
- RUG DSAI Lite Beta .3
- RUG Body Armour
- OFPEC Blood (may take it out. Seems to lag a bit)
- CSL's Random Weather script (not that keen on it myself. Can make things to sunny. I'll see what you guys think though)

As you near the outpost, with those enemy groups use the allowfleeing command to simulate them running back to the defence positions.

I'll try.

If they are being assaulted from two directions the enemy are more likely to stand their ground rather than launch an immediate counter-attack but then again I suppose they are supposed to be desperate men.

I really have no idea how it would go in real life. Saves me having to control the AI given my lack of knowledge. Will see what I can do.

Also, I'm not sure all the patrols are that realistic, criss-crossing the countryside like that.
Have at least some soldiers on hold waypoints defending the outpost for a decent final challenge. Maybe have another bunch of stragglers coming in to camp

I'm no military expert so I have no idea what is realistic or not. I just assumed that once contact was made the OPFOR would try and crush the attacking force. Suggesstions welcome.

Roger on that last point.

Regards,

snafu

Offline snafu

• Members
« Reply #16 on: 11 May 2008, 21:55:19 »
New version out. Check first post.

EDIT:

Forgot to say. If your squad has less than 5/6 (can't remember right now) the mission should end when the outpost is taken. However out of all the test I have done I have either died or had a lot of soldiers left alive. Please tell me if this works.
« Last Edit: 11 May 2008, 22:12:08 by snafu »

Offline snafu

• Members
« Reply #17 on: 11 May 2008, 23:06:39 »
Please re-download as I have fixed a bug that I did not notice.

Offline WinKIller0

• Members
  • Me pandaren, you like me
« Reply #18 on: 12 May 2008, 07:37:45 »
Hi, just a note, your newest version is crying out for some weird addon called q_11(jam?)
I'll update this reply to beta report later today if I can play the mission
« Last Edit: 13 May 2008, 07:02:40 by WinKIller0 »
You haven't seen the end of The Devil yet...

Offline snafu

• Members
« Reply #19 on: 12 May 2008, 17:06:13 »
Damn!

I'll get a fixed version out later on today.

Offline snafu

• Members
« Reply #20 on: 12 May 2008, 23:58:44 »
Fixed version up. Check first post.

Offline WinKIller0

• Members
« Reply #21 on: 13 May 2008, 07:18:02 »
Search and destroy (BETA 3.5) report by winkiller0
Played with FFN mod, ARMA 1.12 (beta)

Overview
Nothing to complain here, the text tells player what to expect and picture is fine, allthough I couldn't find the link between the mission and the picture, but this is just me

Briefing
   Tried your 2.0 patch when it was release and I gotta tell you, (not sure if these were in that 2.0 too, but) you've made a good briefing comparing it into the first one. Story is added, new markers and the map is now laid well. Gooo-ood

Intro
Nothing to complain about

Mission
   I knew what to expect so I ran with my comrades to the first hill in formation. But then, I got surprised there where I had fought dozens of infantry last time I instead got sneaking around squads that nearly killed me (= "Hey, what's over that hill? Oh ****!This doesn't go prone!") luckily they shoot like ducks. But I have to tell you, the FFN mod didn't make easy to shoot them either -.-. Everything's good so far
   After we had destroyed all those infantry we started to move into the compund and here's the first bug, at specific point there's a missing file called GR6.sqs or something. Minor thing but allways a noticable. And why we didn't have to clear the radio marker? :( there was none in there
   We came to the compund along with the Charlie squad and cleared it. As for the final (2nd final?) objective it should be a little harder ecspecially now when you've taken RUG_armor for my team mates. Maybe a few static MG's would do it? But anywasy, was looking the mission to end when the final objective kicked in. Took a RPG and AK and rushed to the obejctive. I can tell you, those RPG's are really good at killing people for long range, no wonder the AI used them back in ol' days.And mission was ended

Scores
Duration: 28 minutes
no casualties

Outro
didn't watch it to the end because there was missing a one track, QG something

Overall
You've made a great progress with this mission and now this is more than enjoyable. Keep up the good work :)
« Last Edit: 13 May 2008, 16:36:35 by WinKIller0 »

Offline mathias_eichinger

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #22 on: 13 May 2008, 21:22:51 »
Hi snafu!

Just so you know: I downloaded the mission in the first post, and it still has the "jam error". Are you sure you got the fixed version for upload?

Cheers

Mathias

Offline snafu

• Members
« Reply #23 on: 13 May 2008, 22:32:31 »
That's wierd. I just downloaded that and checked the mission.sqm and the q11_jam addon wasn't there. Anyway I have uploaded a new version and have swapped the QG music in the outro for a standard ArmA one.

Offline snafu

• Members
« Reply #24 on: 16 May 2008, 12:02:00 »
Thanks for the Beta test WinKIller0.

I have put up a new version (check first post), Beta 3.6, all known bugs are squashed and the trigger that detects your group strength and fires the hidden object if you have enough troops left alive works perfectly. If someone can give it one more test, if all goes well with that it will be ready for a review.

Offline WinKIller0

• Members
« Reply #25 on: 16 May 2008, 13:48:24 »
I didn't spot more than one bug; in the intro where Charlie is walking to their positions there's "Fcuking hell", is this mature filter? :P

Also the "Get ready" message could be changed but ain't the most important thing
I say this is ready for review

Offline snafu

• Members
Re: [SP] Search and Destroy (Please review)
« Reply #26 on: 16 May 2008, 19:11:50 »
Everything thing seems to work 100%. If one of you dashing OFPEC lads could review it that would be brilliant.

Offline bert

• Former Staff
Re: [SP] Search and Destroy (Please review)
« Reply #27 on: 17 May 2008, 20:36:54 »
I'll have a go at reviewing this one.

bert

Offline bert

• Former Staff
Re: [SP] Search and Destroy (under review)
« Reply #28 on: 26 May 2008, 23:12:10 »
Review Complete.

Want to share your opinion? Feel free to do so in this topic.
« Last Edit: 12 Aug 2008, 12:45:15 by Cheetah »