Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: CSL Weapon Switching - Updated V1.3 (ACCEPTED)  (Read 7408 times)

Re: CSL Weapon Switching - Updated V1.1 (TESTING)
« Reply #15 on: 13 Sep 2007, 13:22:03 »
Tried the addon with the config stuff in v1.1. Didn't work ;).  I can create the box easilly, but arma just won't populate it.

Newly discovered problem, albeit a minor one.

If you're running v1.0 or v1.1 of this script via init.sqf in mp, you should check that the unit exists before running the script on it.

An easy way to do this is to check if they're alive.
For example:
Code: [Select]
if (alive Multi1) then {_scriptHandle = [[Multi1, "SVD", "CSL_ReloadSound", "Multi1_CSLWeaponSwitchingSwap"]] execVM "CSL_WeaponSwitching\CSL_WeaponSwitching_V1.1_RespawnResetEquipment.sqf";};

if (alive Multi2) then {_scriptHandle = [[Multi2, "SVD", "CSL_ReloadSound", "Multi2_CSLWeaponSwitchingSwap"]] execVM "CSL_WeaponSwitching\CSL_WeaponSwitching_V1.1_RespawnResetEquipment.sqf";};

if (alive Multi3) then {_scriptHandle = [[Multi3, "SVD", "CSL_ReloadSound", "Multi3_CSLWeaponSwitchingSwap"]] execVM "CSL_WeaponSwitching\CSL_WeaponSwitching_V1.1_RespawnResetEquipment.sqf";};

V1.2 will have this solved.
« Last Edit: 13 Sep 2007, 13:38:53 by ColonelSandersLite »
Everything I have released for ARMA can be found here.

Re: CSL Weapon Switching - Updated V1.2 (DELAYED)
« Reply #16 on: 28 Sep 2007, 09:59:21 »
Updated to V1.2.  See top post for details.

Short of bug fixes (their reports are most welcome), this will most likely be the final version.

Offline MattiusRochelle

• Members
Re: CSL Weapon Switching - Updated V1.2 (ACCEPTED)
« Reply #17 on: 29 Sep 2007, 01:12:31 »
After a week of testing this script courses everyone to get lagg spikes every minute or so for example every min the game will stop for a second and resume again coursing it to jump.  :)

« Reply #18 on: 29 Sep 2007, 11:09:33 »
That's most certainly interesting, given that nobody else has reported such an issue.  I have a some questions on that note.

1: What sort of time frame are we talking about, before this occurs?  Immediate, after 1/2 hour of play, several hours of play, or something else?

2: Is it potentially linked to player deaths in a respawning scenario?  Like it starts happening after 20 player deaths or some such thing?

3: Is it potentially linked to the number of weapon switches?

4: Does it happen on both a dedicated server and non-dedicated?

5: Have you attempted to just disable the scripts, and nothing else, in order to confirm that this is in fact the problem?

6: Does this problem exist with v1.2?

Offline MattiusRochelle

• Members
« Reply #19 on: 01 Oct 2007, 21:35:24 »
1. Immediate After Mission is Started

3. Only 3 players have the weapon so tech it shouldnt really be that..

4. Just a Dedicated

5. Yes No lagg with scripts disabled.

Re: CSL Weapon Switching - Updated V1.3 (ACCEPTED)
« Reply #20 on: 21 Feb 2008, 19:58:20 »
Updated to V1.3.  See top post for details.

Short of bug fixes (their reports are most welcome), this will most likely be the final version.

Offline winged serpent

• Members
  • Neuro atypical
« Reply #21 on: 25 Feb 2008, 00:54:02 »
 :dunno:
did i see an addon for ofp a long time ago...think it was mercenaries...any way they did something like this but used dummy weapons that appeared on the units back while secondary weapon was used.
made the pbo quite large but i think it worked...any way i was going to ask if somehow a dragbag/rifle bag might appear on the units back...maybe using the at weapon slot like the ofp backpack addon or a texture hide/reveal kind of thing.
 just an idea
had a play in sp and am loving the possibilities and the forethought required in ammo balancing....feel a mission comming on...
thanks for your hard work
Q :clap:
time flies like the wind
fruitflies like bananas

« Reply #22 on: 25 Feb 2008, 04:51:00 »
You know, that just might be possible, now that you bring it up, but not in the way you're thinking.  I'd have to think about it, then do some tests if I'm interested.  I wouldn't get my hopes up too high on that account though if I was you.

Offline winged serpent

• Members
  • Neuro atypical
« Reply #23 on: 25 Feb 2008, 18:10:14 »
 :D
glad to be an inspiration(of sorts)
it would be a rather neat solution to the snipers plight in ARMA if it is at all possible....my inspiration was finding this, purely by chance and trying your scripting out shortly afterwards...
www.eberlestock.com/Phantom%20Backpack.htm
time flies like the wind
fruitflies like bananas