Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: LiTTLe GaNgSTa's Air Supply Crate Drop V1.0 (ACCEPTED)  (Read 2868 times)

Offline JasonO

• OFPEC Patron
  • Oh no...
    • The New Life RPG
Air Supply Crate Drop V1.0
Created by LiTTLe GaNgSTa (AKA JasonO)

Hi

What I just want to say..
I don't think anyone has made an air supply script (for ArmA that is) yet, so I thought I would have a go and make one.
This script can be customized if you know basic scripting, otherwise your stuck with what I have given you. I'm not a very good person when it comes to making a script customizable i'm afraid.

Script Description
This script lets the player request an air supply drop (for a West weapons crate) from the action menu. Once the player requests the supply drop, he is then asked to choose on the map where he would like his supply drop. The player clicks a position on the map, and then he recieves a hint telling him his supply drop position is recieved. A green smoke grenade is also placed on the position of the player's supply drop position.
At this point the supply drop starts. After a short while you will see a paracute and crate falling to the ground. Due to wind factors, the crate will not be dead on target, and may blow away quite a distance. After the crate drifts to the ground, the paracute will disapear and the crate will be on the floor available to the player to rearm or get new weapons.

To do / Bugs

To Do:
  • Make a marker appear on the supply drop positon
  • Limit the script to just 1 sqs file instead of 2
Bugs:
  • The paracute seems to float sideways of the script. I think this is the game physics
  • The suppy drop will only work if the paracute lands on terrain. If it lands on a building the paracute gets stuck and since the crate is not near the ground the paracute still stays attached.

Other Info
  • Tested + Made in: Armed Assault 1.05
  • Multiplayer: Yes - although it doesn't look that good, becomes laggy

Files in the mission
  • dropsupply.sqs
  • init.sqs
  • Mission.sqm
  • requestsupply.sqs

Attached to this thread is a demo mission.

If you find anything wrong, or have any suggestions then post it here. I'm going to be very busy in the next few months (starting main school exams) so I might be a while when it comes to fixing it or replying.

I have commented the scripts so you can have a look. If you want to improve this, then feel free to. Just give me credit, and possibly notify me if your going to release anything from it.

It's my first ever script I'm releasing (because it works). Don't bite my head off :P

Enjoy :D

Spooner (2007-09-29): ACCEPTED as v1.1 after fixing the issue that was causing the parachute to drift off-course. The reason this was happening was that the crate was getting moved too close to the parachute and was getting in the way.
« Last Edit: 29 Sep 2007, 20:22:50 by Spooner »

Offline Blanco

• Former Staff
Re: LiTTLe GaNgSTa's Air Supply Crate Drop V1.0
« Reply #1 on: 09 Apr 2007, 05:29:56 »
Not bad, but it needs some work imo.

The script would be better with a EH "fired" script that detects the postion of a smokegrenade instead of creating the grenade.

The paracute seems to float sideways of the script. I think this is the game physics

True, but I've seen a supplydrop script where the parachute behaves normally. Could it be that the moveindriver-ed gamelogic causes this problem?
Look at this movie:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh49PiCVCIw

An M113 dropping and with 4 parachutes and AFAIK see they behave normally.
Not sure, but it looks like the parachutes above the M113 are manned?

Search or search or search before you ask.