Addons & Mods Depot > ArmA - Addons & Mods Discussion

How do I set up a mod to work in ArmA?

(1/2) > >>

Chammy:
I have many sound effects that made and used in OFP and want to use in ArmA , I tried to do the old fashoined way but it conflicted or made my ArmA lock up in start up. I now know that there is a special way in getting anything as a mod working in ArmA usign the ArmA Launcher. Is there a technical explanation step by step on how to do this? My folder and replacents are all set to go but I just need the setup to start it.  I had tried to look in the Search option here but found nothing that related to what I was doing.

Planck:
ArmA Launcher???

I Just use a good old OFP style mod folder named according to the modification I want.

Then the game shortcut has the switch -mod=XYZ.

Works for me.

Planck

Chammy:
So I'm not going to have to add some special code to the mod folder or anything?   So I want to change the sounds right, so will I have to make an addons folder with ALL the addons , and only the weapon.pbo folder changed?

Cheetah:
With the Kegetys ArmA Launcher and this mod folder tutorial you will probably understand the how-to stuff.

Most of it, or all of it should work in ArmA too.

ColonelSandersLite:
PM me your e-mail address and I'll send you a simple example of how to make a mod folder that inherits from arma and overrides the parameters you want to override.  In this specific case, It would be a simple unit replacement pack, but the basic concepts are the same with other stuff too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version