Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Capture the Island with the AI  (Read 1500 times)

Offline BlueNightmare

• Members
Capture the Island with the AI
« on: 05 Mar 2007, 10:57:17 »
Hello,

First off I hope that this is the right place for my question, sorry if it is'nt as there doesn't appear to be a forum for the Multiplayer side of Armed Assault.

My question is or rather problem is that I was wanting to play the Capture the Island mode with AI only, I don't play online for various reasons, for which I won't go into here, but I was testing this mode of gameplay out and according to what I read about this game, it came accross as if this type of play was possible with the AI, thing is that when I start I get only two AI soldiers that spawn at the base camp, we then before we have got started get hammered by the enemy and I then am back to the start..........how does this game mode work with the AI? or work in general because I don't really follow it, what must I do to get more troops? also and this is most confusing......when I set the game up I have my name listed and then everyone else on my side it says "nobody" I was expecting it to say "AI" but when I spwan its just me and no AI except two after a few minutes.

I hope I have explained this properly and that someone can help me please.

BlueNightmare  :)

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
Re: Capture the Island with the AI
« Reply #1 on: 05 Mar 2007, 13:43:04 »
This is BIs version of CTI, it is not quite the same 'flavour' as MFCTI.

All players are assumed to be human and any unused slots are left empty for those joining via JIP.

Each player gets to 'hire' 2 AI buddies.....enough to crew a tank with the player if he so chooses.

You don't appear to be able to hire any more troops or even to order vehicles, they seem to appear magically on the odd occasion.

What you do is.....you go out and capture towns from the local resistance forces, once captured, HQ send paratroopers to hold the town and later once it is secure, a new base might be built there.

Meanwhile the other side will be doing the same, provided humans are playing on that side.
Also the resistance will attempt to retake the town if they can.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline BlueNightmare

• Members
Re: Capture the Island with the AI
« Reply #2 on: 06 Mar 2007, 01:30:29 »
Ok thanks

I found all the info about the game before release to be a bit misleading, either that or I am dumb, probably the latter

Thanks again anyway

BlueNightmare