Editors Depot - Mission Editing and Scripting > ArmA - Editing/Scripting Resources Beta Testing & Submission

Mando Missile ArmA (ACCEPTED)

(1/83) > >>

Mandoble:

- Simulate most existing missile/torpedo in real-life using any object class present in ArmA able to move.
- Full MP support.
- Add chaff or flares missile defense systems to any AI unit, AI units defending with chaff or flares automatically.
- Add a player controlled Missile Control Center to any playable vehicle.
- Add automatic missile systems to any AI vehicle, AI units enganging with their missiles by their own.
- Add chaff or flares to player vehicles.
- Ammo trucks able to reload missiles and flares/chaff.
- Missiles intercepting missiles.
- Missiles hitting targets now reward with score to the players in the crew of firing units.
- ArmA missile replacement. Now you may replace easily any missile fired in ArmA by a MMA one.
- Remote targeting added. Players or AI may attack targets locked by other units (for example, using laser designators).
- Customizable MCC colours.
- Up to 8 different missile systems per vehicle (what about modeling a big battleship?).
- Visual and MCC (dialog based) locking, tracking and firing systems for players.
- AI units now are able to reload missiles by their own if close enough to an ammo truck.
- Missile systems may be added to units by type or by name. You may add missile systems to every units of the indicated class with a single script executed in your init.sqs or init.sqf.
- Keys and key descriptions used to drop flares/chaff, lock on targets and fire missiles cuztomizables from mandomissile_init.sqf.
- Fully customizable warheads, smoke trails and launch FX scripts.
- More than 30 configurable parameters for missiles (seeker range, endurange, agility, seeker scan arcs, flight profile, etc).
- You may now configure missile reload times after firing for MCCs.
- Anti-radar systems.

Mando Missile ArmA v2.3 (please, do not mirror this resource yet)

Mando Missile online help

Mando Missile demostration videos

Attached below there are two extra basic usage examples:
- basic_missile.Sara: Basic example with two targets (a near chopper and a far away tank) and two radio triggers. The basic firing script is basic_missile.sqs, inside you will find all the firing parameters so you may play with them at will. This example uses the addon, so you dont need to modify or create any description.ext file.

- mando_laserbomb.Sara: A Su34 will support you with laser guided bombs. Call of support using the radio, use the laser designator to paint targets and validate them while the Su34 aproaches the area. This example uses the addon too, so you dont need to modify or create any description.ext file.

Attached below you will find mma_air_combat.Sara.zip. While it is a fully playable mission SP or MP, it is inteded as an example of Mando Missile integration with addons. Inside you will find mma_bis_su34_init.sqf, mma_bis_su34b_init.sqf and mma_bis_av8b2_init.sqf. Three example scripts which are executed from the init field of the planes in the mission, but these script might also be executed from the "Init" EH (or Extended EH) of an addon derived from Su34, Su34B or AV8B2. If Mando Missile is not present in the mission, the planes will behave like normal ones, but if MMA 2.3 or above is present, the planes will reconfigure themselves to use MMA systems. The script activates/deactivates AI/human systems depending on who is into each position of a plane, human or AI.

In the example mission you may fly as OPFOR, BLUFOR or keep grounded as civilian observer.

Update Jan 6 2009
NEW MMA 2.35B teaser
Attached below you will find MMA235_teaser.Intro.zip, which is a teaser of MMA 2.35B new HUD system. Do not mirror, do not include it into any addon and use it only for testing purposes as MMA 2.35 is already quite close to be public.

All mando missile functionalities not used in the teaser demo have been removed to save space.
The new mando_missilevehicle3.sqf HUD handler present in the demo will be heavily modified before 2.35 final verions to allow the customization of several hardcoded parameters in a similar way as current 2.35 TV systems.

MMA 2.35 teaser video, Falcon 4 style

Example video of MMA 2.35B

DeanosBeano:
 no need to thank me m8, i had a fantastic time messing with it.

you must sleep eat and pee math , your a genius

hope you get the credit for eveyrthing that will spawn from these scripts.

fanatastic stuff well done there mando

ViperMaul:
Mandoble,

I took all day Friday and reviewed your scripts and WOW. Excellent work!!
My job is to use the your automatic Missile Defense System as well as the Manual key press to trigger Chaffs or Flares.
I've got them deploying but I have not been unable to prove that they actually work with STOCK stinger and strella missiles that come with the game.

The tournament I am working with wants to hold off in using the mando missiles until they pass it through the balance team.
This week I am slammed with RL work and was hoping you can tell me what I need to do to confirm that your scripts supports (especially the flares) attracting the standard hand-held stingers and the handheld strellas as these are what I prefer to call them NON-mando missiles.

My thought was to pass on the launcher, the missile type, and target to the mando_missile.sqf script with blank characteristics and hope that would be enough. But I noticed the mando_missile.sqf seems to also uses the createvehicle command in which leads me to believe the script creates the missile as well.

My goal is to adapt your flare script to potientially fool & redirect stock missiles in the game: the stinger and the strella missile.
Would you be so kind as to give me direction in my goal?

ViperMaul

ViperMaul:
Also another question about the mando_missileecm.sqf script.

I am very new to scripting but I am learning fast.
My tournament is very concerned with server stress imposed by scripts. Also though they are not scripters themselves yet.
My question is this two-fold. I see in this .sqf script that there is a while do loop.

1) In General, in looking at any script from the community how can I tell if a script is being run on the server only or on the client's machine only?  I assume this is one key factor in causing stress to a server, right?

2) Does the mando-missileecm.sqf script run only on the client's machine? So if I have 5 Ka50 attack helos flown by 5 different human players does this while do loop run on the 5 separate client machines and NOT on the server-side? If not how can this be modified to work while running only on the client-side?

Thanks for your help.

Mandoble:
Certainly mando_missile.sqf creates and controls the missile, so you may use a Stinger or a Strella as models, but they would be mando missiles, not ArmA ones. Chaff and flares are known by mando missiles, but not by ArmA ones so you need to make some changes there.

mando_chaffflares.sqs generates the chaff or flares effect, but also creates a gamelogic at drop position, this gamelogic is stored into "mando_missilechaff" variable of the launcher vehicle. Then you may create an event handler "incomming missile" type attached to the units you want to have chaff/flares. If the event is triggered and "mando_missilechaff" plane/chopper variable is not null nor nil, then you may interfere with the missile, check that and apply the interferences just from the incomming missile eventhandler script. Now, you only need to affect continuously the vectorDir, vectorUp and velocity vector of the ArmA missile so it moves out of target adcquisition range. You may apply the same principle to a plane simulating real active ECM, if ECM is ON, any missile incomming to friendly units may be affected. Hope this is so far clear enough.

Now about MP, Mando missile scripts have not been designed/tested for MP, so I dont really know how compatible they would be. I suspect that current scripts are way complex to MP, so probably much simplifier ones would be needed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version