Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Realism Issues  (Read 1518 times)

Offline AusSniper

• Members
Realism Issues
« on: 04 Apr 2007, 03:13:46 »
Hello All, just bringing up a few points that I think valid and if we get enough people commenting on them they might get fixed, most if not all are carry overs from OFP, and really its time they should be fixed.

1/ you cannot reload on the move, great just let me stand here and get shot to pieces as I reload, please also note that reloading ANY weapon, even an RPG, is much more comfortable on the ground, it helps to ward off 7.62x39 headaches.

2/ going prone too slow, please replace the "its a lovely spring day, I'd like a lie in the grass, but I don't want to get grass stains on my lovely DPCUs" movement with "someone is shooting at me and I'd like to live", also make diving instantly override any other movement, ie like standing back up.

3/ Nice choice of combat fatigues for the Americans, I think they actually stand out better than dayglow green or orange blaze. Enemy sentry looks up the hill, "oh gee I wonder who that light coloured person is walking on the dark grass", I thought the purpose of camouflage fatigues were to hide someone not make visible to other "hunters".

4/ please enable the act of firing whilst in the process of standing up, i know its a little thing, but I know I can pull a trigger whilst doing quite a range of movements in real life, and this one might just save my "life" (I know the lack of it has killed me on a number of occassions).

5/ Who writes the concepts for the missions and lays out the map, I find the majority of missions don't make sense in a real world perspective, ie one man against the world, attacking defended airfields with 2 apc's of soldiers, etc and the maps why build a million dollar bridge when its easier to run the road about 100m to the left and around the cove?

6/ Friendly AI, dumber than dog... , target BMP, Fire, no no no you imbercile, the sabot NOT the bloody coaxil, arggghhhh (no the last wasn't exasperation, it was a death scream.

What do you guys think?

Cheers
Simon

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
Re: Realism Issues
« Reply #1 on: 04 Apr 2007, 04:38:40 »
I think this has nothing whatsoever to do with mission discussion, or indeed editing in general.

Planck

#locked
« Last Edit: 04 Apr 2007, 07:06:04 by bedges »
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.