Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: (Review Completed) [SP] Assault on Rahmadi Version 1.3 Final  (Read 3825 times)

Offline RangerX3X

• Members
  • Ranger, out.
    • RangerX3X

This is my first mission for Arma in which I would appreciate some beta testing:

Details:

A little bit about the mission itself

This mission is intended to be the first mission in a campaign I would like to do featuring Independent forces against OPFOR, with some BLUFOR assistance.

What role the player will have

The player will assume the role of a fire team leader (4-man fire team) as part of Alpha Platoon, supported by Bravo Platoon.

Single Player or Multiplayer (and if MP, which type)

Single Player only.

Which island

Rahmadi.

Version of OFP required

Size of zip file

25KB

Any specific points you want people to consider

I feel the mission is somewhat hard. It is winnable, and the player is not thrust into an impossible situation. There are variables in the mission that lend to some replayability in my opinion depending on how events unfold.

Full details of any addons

There are no addons used in this mission.

Thank you for considering this mission and beta testing.

Thank you for beta testing the mission. I have made several changes and have posted the revised file.

[SP] Assault on Rahmadi

Version 1.02

August 8, 2007

Change Log

1. Reduced Alpha and Bravo Platoon strength by one fire team (4 soldiers) each.
2. Removed "Show In Cadet Mode" selection in player group's waypoints.
3. Added custom default kits to each platoons fire team members based on their roles and updated the rapid reaction forces custom default kits to match the fire teams.
4. Changed default kit grenades to the timed grenades.
5. Completely revamped description file to include more ammunition and additional weapon choices.
6. Added a Shilka at the airfield as well as an extra 3-man patrol.
7. Changed air support trigger to destruction of the Shilka only.
8. Changed air support from Independent AH-6 to BLUFOR AH-1Z.
9. Increased Critical Level Support trigger value from 10 to 20.
10. CHANGE DELETED.
11. Corrected a trigger redundancy that announced friendly reinforcements twice.
12. CHANGE DELETED.
13. Changed some existing compound soldiers to AA & AT.
14. Added a random BMP patrol (probability of presence).
15. Reworked OPFOR counter attack battle plan (will not attempt to destroy bomber immediately).
16. Added BMP Ambulances at the air strip and at the compound for the Player to heal at if injured.
17. Fixed some spelling errors with radio messages.

Version 1.03 Final

August 11, 2007

Change Log

1. Completed Intro and Outro cinematics.
2. Removed one boat that was not needed.

Posted for review please.
« Last Edit: 12 Aug 2008, 13:08:44 by Cheetah »
Ranger, out.

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
Re: [SP] Rhamadi Assault
« Reply #1 on: 06 Aug 2007, 01:01:06 »
Alright! The first mission I have seen since the announcement of the beta testing party. Hopefully more will follow before Friday! So that the beta testers can rack in some points.

Anyway, I'll take a look at this one when I have some time.
Like missions? Help with Beta Testing! or take a look at the OFPEC Missions Depot for reviewed missions!

Offline firecontrol

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 06 Aug 2007, 10:34:36 »
Heyas. Not sure how many beta tests you're going to get before Friday... I think most people are waiting for the 'competition' to start. But I'm not worried about it, not much for competitions myself :)

ArmA v1.08 (Original 1.06, Atari), Veteran Mode, using ModWar Sound Mod.

Package

Needs a readme, maybe a picture or two.

Overview

I like the picture, and the effect you added to it. Looks nifty. Need to add a version number, though.

Intro

In development.

Briefing

Javelins! Woohoo. Not sure if you meant to put the Russian grenades in there or not... if not, use "HandGrenadeTimed" instead. Those are the M67s. Otherwise, nice briefing... but I get the same crazy waypoint lines that I got in Cheetah's mission "Last Hope" as well.. see pic below. It shows me all my waypoints that I'll have in the mission. :( Not sure why that's happening.

Mission

Rhamadi... land of mosquitos, miles of visibility, and high FPS... I like it.
Aaaaah, plenty of friendlies about. I like it. My fireteam has two javelins, an M136 gunner, a machinegunner, and a sniper, who could ask for more. A nearby BMP along with a couple infantrymen are taken out in short order... some other infantry off in the distance are put down as well.

We make our way closer to the town, and a pesky T-72 rolls in. With two Javelins on their way, you can actually see the tank crews' sad faces. Astoundingly the tank is only slightly damaged, and the crew bails. I think the Javs are broken in ArmA, unfortunately. They are quite fun though!!!

While fiddling around with the tank, my orders are switched to defend the airstrip and the SU-34. (Did you mean to lock the SU-34? I got in it, but being a horrible pilot, I promptly crashed it without ever leaving the ground.) Load game. :) This time leaving the SU-34 be, a couple MI-17s fly in. Man those things are tough... but eventually (with the help of the disabled tank) they are blown out of the sky. Enemy especas are plentiful, but are no match for the combined force that is defending the bomber. I was waiting for a while, fearing the "last loon" problem, when all of the sudden here comes an RPG screaming in from an odd angle which I wasn't watching. BOOOOM, as my savegame was some time ago, I feared that I would lose much work. But alas, the sucker missed. The bomber is in tact and the entire battlefield opens up on that last would-be game-ender. Aaaaah, mission complete.

Debriefing

Will do nicely.

Outro

Under Construction.

Summary

Fun! Only thing I didn't understand was why the air support waited for all armor to be disabled before coming in (and doing nothing but fly around.) Air support is supposed to take care of armor, after all.

All said, this is a short, action packed, fun little mission. I enjoyed it. With the addition of some custom voices for the radio, and the completed intro/outros, this can be a good mission, in my opinion.

Didn't notice any major bugs or showstoppers.  :good:

« Last Edit: 06 Aug 2007, 10:44:19 by firecontrol »

Offline Denz

« Reply #3 on: 07 Aug 2007, 16:26:39 »
Took a spin through this last night.
505 Games Edition, ArmA v1.08

Please include a readme in the mission zip
Intro
Placeholder

Briefing
About the gear selection, could do with some extra M240, M107 and M24 magazines (only 5 each) maybe an M136 launcher aswell as the US M67 grenades as Firecontrol has already stated.
Otherwise it was pretty good.

Mission
Took the G36 and the Javelin and gave all my squad NVGoggles but kept the original loadout for them.
I thought the beginning a little easy, I took out the two enemy by the SU-34 which got the ball rolling. The poor BMP2 just got annihilated by four or more AT rounds and cleared the field. Began moving to the next objective when the enemy reaction force appeared which the AI squads took out before I could get a look in.
Typo on the radio message from crossroad> sqaud (both messages about air support)
Maybe add a shilka to the airfield to justify the air support staying clear.
Managed to clear the compound without too much difficulty then raced back to defend the airfield.
It could do with a save point here as this was, I thought where the going got abit tougher.
Blew the MI-17 away with my javelin while it was unloading it's troops and began heading back towards the compound shooting those pesky Especas who seem to come from just about everywhere. Finally, I took a position where I could watch the compound from the South East to take out the remaining Especas.
Mission complete 16 minutes score 11480

Outro - placeholder

Not a bad mission at all and for a first mission you did well to avoid showstoppers.   :good:
IMO, a few too many BLUFOR but they soon get whittled down, I'm not sure the reinforcement will be needed.
At one point, when those Especas appeared I began to feel like the character who attracts RPGs in the movie "Blackhawk Down" there were so many coming at me - not a complaint fire and manoeuvre is how it should be.
Thoroughly enjoyed playing it and will check back once the Intro/Outro is completed
I've got 'em right where I want 'em - surrounded from the inside!
Jerry "Mad Dog" Shriver, SOG Recon One-Zero
24/09/41 - 24/04/69

Offline RangerX3X

• Members
  • Ranger, out.
    • RangerX3X
Re: [SP] Rhamadi Assault Version 1.2
« Reply #4 on: 09 Aug 2007, 12:38:33 »
Thank you for beta testing. Version 1.02 released above.
Ranger, out.

Offline LeeHunt

• Former Staff
  • John 21:25
« Reply #5 on: 09 Aug 2007, 18:01:55 »
hi RangerX3X, gonna finish this one tonight. I like it so far, really liked the intro. More complete Beta report to come...  :)

Offline Rellikki

• Members
  • Die-hard OFP player
« Reply #6 on: 10 Aug 2007, 09:44:09 »
Package
It has all it needs. The readme could use your contact information though.

Overview
The overview is good. Short, fine description of the mission. Really interesting picture, well done with that!

Intro
Intro under construction... So far, it seemed kinda cool with the soldiers covered in dark, running against the
horizont.

Briefing
The briefing was fine, didn't see anything wrong with it.

Mission
I armed myself with M16A4 ACOG w/M203 and M136. We approached to the air compund. I tried to make a silent approach
but some other teams opened fire. We succesfully cleared it anyway without any casualties. As my other team mates
advanced in the town, I sniped some enemies that were in their way with my M16A4. I had a little close quarters
fight in the town before the objective got completed and then I got a note about the counter attack. Our Cobra was
shot down. One of the Mi-17's came just above the airstrip and I shot it down with my M136 launcher. Some especas
with AA-launchers tried to attack us from some sides but I sniped them with the M16A4. Didn't take long until the
mission was completed.

Debriefing
Nothing wrong here. Completed the mission with 30 infantry kills + a Mi-17. Duration 16 minutes.

Outro
The outro was fine... So far. I see you used american UH-60's there. If you want, you can always use my RACS UH-60's,
found here. But if you wish to keep it addon-free mission, that's fine.

Summary
It seems a pretty fine SP mission. I'd like to see the finished intro and outro some time. :) Good luck with the
campaign!

[edited by judge]

Project Beta Approved +1
« Last Edit: 10 Aug 2007, 10:14:26 by LCD »

Offline RangerX3X

• Members
  • Ranger, out.
    • RangerX3X
Re: [SP] Rhamadi Assault Version 1.3 Final - Review Please
« Reply #7 on: 11 Aug 2007, 13:08:11 »
Thank you to everyone who took the time to beta test this mission.

Please review.
Ranger, out.

Offline sharkattack

• Former Staff
Re: [SP] Assault on Rahmadi Version 1.3 Final - Review Please
« Reply #8 on: 11 Aug 2007, 19:34:15 »
ok mate ill review this  ...  :)
"HOLY SARDINE" - see Shark-Attack meet his match

Offline sharkattack

• Former Staff
Re: [SP] Assault on Rahmadi Version 1.3 Final - review complete
« Reply #9 on: 20 Aug 2007, 18:25:09 »
Review completed.

Feel free to start the post-review discussion.
« Last Edit: 12 Aug 2008, 13:29:46 by Cheetah »
"HOLY SARDINE" - see Shark-Attack meet his match