Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: a sniper battle across the entire island  (Read 2973 times)

some guy

a sniper battle across the entire island
« on: 01 Oct 2005, 11:24:04 »
i had an idea a couple of years back

a sniper battle across the entire island of everon
every one though i was mad

so i want to know what ppl think

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
Re:a sniper battle across the entire island
« Reply #1 on: 01 Oct 2005, 16:30:56 »
so i want to know what ppl think

As I don't really know you I am unable to judge whether you are mad or not.
At a guess I would say....probably.   ;D

As to the sniper battle across the whole island.....

I think it might not be too popular because it will eventually get boring for many people searching a whole island for one sniper.

Maybe you meant lots of snipers?

Planck
« Last Edit: 01 Oct 2005, 16:32:00 by Planck »
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline crave22

• Members
  • Wheeeeeee!!!!!!
    • OpSomme
« Reply #2 on: 01 Oct 2005, 18:44:33 »
I think he means you're a sniper and your mission is to raise hell among enemy troops. Am I right? ???

Anyway, I personally wouldn't like that kind of mission. I hate missions where you have to walk forever...

It does have potential, though. You could have it where you incite riots in the towns or create mayhem on the country roads. Or even recruit people to be in the local resistance. It could be like an RPG with air support and stuff like that. This is assuming your idea is what I think it is. ;)
« Last Edit: 01 Oct 2005, 18:45:01 by crave22 »

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #3 on: 01 Oct 2005, 22:14:59 »
or about 500 west snipers and 500 east snipers in multiplayer and see what happens that would be cool respawn bullet in the head respawn get dwon enemy sniper 2 feet away from you  ;D

British_Steel

« Reply #4 on: 03 Oct 2005, 01:06:15 »
lol, the first level ive just made your a sniper (with a optionial spotter Ai or 2nd player) and your goal is to go through enemy held terrotory and eliminate 3 certain officers and best bet is to go backwater ways as not many enemy forces, but a few hidden enemy snipers who can pick you off if not carefull and a few patroling hinds!
« Last Edit: 03 Oct 2005, 21:37:59 by British_Steel »

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #5 on: 03 Oct 2005, 08:59:47 »
thats a great idea actually a 2 player co op it should be a sniper and a spotter and maybe a few russian snipers who have to do the same on the western half of the island
and on the option of hinds have them with no waypoints so they just hover in the air then i can come along and snipe the pilot and down goes the chopper  ;D

Offline Kendo J

• Members
  • Britain Has more varieties of cheese than France
« Reply #6 on: 03 Oct 2005, 14:41:19 »
This is my interpretation of how it should go

It could be quite a fun mission, set out one or two companys of enemy occupying half an island about 200 men each have some gaurding bases and some patroling. you may want a couple of black op AI squads doing missions at the same time to make things interesting and take some heat off you (this is because spec ops including snipers will be the first into a battle zone to harras and take out strategic targets.).

You have to infiltrate, take out targets and exfil. editor can add as many main and secondary targets as possible then to make it more realistic....

use the grouplink 2 script,

if you are spotted by patrols they will relay your position and come hunting for you. if they don't find you they return to thier patrol. you don't need switch triggers and alternative waypoints just enemy patrols.

this script also means that when carrying out sniper missions you either have to keep on the move or stay hidden. just like a real sniper

British_Steel

« Reply #7 on: 03 Oct 2005, 18:39:23 »
on my map its just an entire island controlled by russian forces and also ive set the rebels to be on east side, so their kind of "Reserves" for extra man power

and you start on a stormy night, just you and a spotter

so you realy do just feel alone

ive set up aerial and ground troops patrols, just finishing off ground vehicle patrols now

some guy

Its me again
« Reply #8 on: 04 Oct 2005, 11:33:13 »
responce 2 ppl comments

my idea was a battle with just human players no bot and when u die that it u are out and when every one dies the game is over.

i never gave a lot of though to how many ppl in the game and the rpg idea had crossed my mind but was not shore how 2 do it.

that all thanks for commenting

Offline El Fisho

• Members
  • u are expecting somthing about lamas aint ya
« Reply #9 on: 04 Oct 2005, 18:07:41 »
has anyone got time to play that scale of mission

Offline crave22

• Members
  • Wheeeeeee!!!!!!
    • OpSomme
« Reply #10 on: 04 Oct 2005, 23:20:53 »
Even if I played mp, I wouldn't.

Overall, it has potential. It's just impractial. ;)
« Last Edit: 04 Oct 2005, 23:24:09 by crave22 »

ormsy

Re: a sniper battle across the entire island
« Reply #11 on: 10 Jun 2006, 23:41:22 »
ive got an idea for this.

you could be a member of a 8 or 4 man squad of special forces who have a primary objective like blow up an ammo depot but you could also have secondary objectives like do a suprise attack on a platoon of sleepin russians.

to make it more interesting you could get a chinook to land sum Mg jeeps and drive around causing chaos

Offline Mr.Peanut

• Former Staff
  • urp!
« Reply #12 on: 07 Jul 2006, 15:54:44 »
You would need some way(e.g.second objective) to force the players to engage.  What I imagine when I think of a island wide snipermatch, is everyone camping and waiting.

Here is an idea.... If a player does not make a kill within a certain time limit, he loses a point and respawns. Or run a script that checks how far a player moves in a certain time limit. If a player does not move he loses a point and respawns (or is imprisoned for 2 minutes).
urp!

DasGunt

« Reply #13 on: 11 Jul 2006, 06:16:20 »
When i read the title, I thought you meant "Sniper Duel", and incidentally, me and a freind of mine are about to finish testing just such a mission.

Set in southern Everon (in that valley, you know the one) north of Durras, at night.  I used the Wargames Leage modification units.  2 player (1v1) multiplayer duel.  You each start in a forest on either side of the valley. First one to make the kill wins.

You aren't allowed to leave the Area of Operations (circular trigger, radius 500, 196250 square meters to play in!)  That way you are restricted to a small area, rather than having the whole island to get annoyed at.  When I made the first build of the mission, I thought it would be two small.  But then me and my freind were stalking each other for an hour.  I decided it wasn't.

We're not quite ready to post the mission for beta testing.  We are just ironing out some balancing issues.

Not to take the focus of Some Guy's mission idea (which I like, by the way) but would anyone be interested in that sort of mission?