Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: moving reload  (Read 1805 times)

m21 sniper

moving reload
« on: 25 Aug 2002, 08:08:38 »
would it be possible to reload in the game while your moving?  i'm gettign tired of getting the shit shot outta me after i behinda tree or a building and have the guy come out and shoot me up, that would be one really good improvement or at least mek the reload time faster

FltSgt

Re:moving reload
« Reply #1 on: 25 Aug 2002, 16:08:36 »
It's almost impossible to reload whilst moving, even if you could it would take at least double the usual time. The time taken to reload in the game is fairly realistic, probably a bit fast (Check the chamber, eject the mag stuff it down your smock in a pouch, remove new mag, insert, check that it's secure, working parts forward, re-accuire target).

danbryant4

« Reply #2 on: 25 Aug 2002, 19:37:49 »
I would like to be able to stop reloading and run away if need be, or duck, or something. You have to go hide somewhere if you want to reload right now.

But then again these are really all question for BIS, and unless they can make more money off of us, I don't see why they'd care.

Daniel J Bryant

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #3 on: 26 Aug 2002, 04:08:13 »
Yeah thats Drivin me Nuts too!  Plus I get all the Bad Guys that won't die! so it takes several Mags to Kill a guy, Seriously they wont Die! I had one right on top of a stachel Charge and he was unhurt just stood there and Shot me!

danbryant4

« Reply #4 on: 26 Aug 2002, 04:50:30 »
Hey Punker, that sounds really weird dude, are you using someone's addons?

Daniel J Bryant

tai mai shu

« Reply #5 on: 26 Aug 2002, 08:05:12 »
i find it kinda ridiculous how accurate the soldiers are.  seems like in resistance, the enemy shoots thru trees, regardless.  also, no russian soldier is that accurate, i dont care what anyone says, unless its some spetz nats, no russian soldier is that well trained.

i mean,  theres such negligible recoil to the ingame weapons, i think the firing should be more like in the game "americas army" wherewhen you fire, your aim goes up and right (thats how the m16 recoils, up and right)  and it doesnt come back down for you.  i think ofp is way to much one shot one kill, whatever happened to the effectiveness of machine gunners? or suppressive fire?

Skaven

« Reply #6 on: 26 Aug 2002, 10:27:31 »
Well this is weird are you sure he was near the Satchell Charge? And how come you take a lot of shots to kill the soldiers in Resistance? One shot in the head will do the work mate, try putiing the AI to easier levels  ;)

tai mai shu

« Reply #7 on: 26 Aug 2002, 11:35:09 »
maybe hes talking about multiplayer.  its so lame when i shoot someone in the chest, a definite killshot, but they put one in my head while im waiting for the lag to catch up, i mean, its not fair that even though he should be dead, he still gets to kill me....  wellat least in the new mp net code version 1.80, death is a lot more instantaneous.

Offline Davies1

• Members
  • Bugger this for a game of soldiers!
« Reply #8 on: 26 Aug 2002, 15:01:35 »
Apart from kills, the machine gunner lets rip so that the enemy will hit the deck. This allows the rifle soldiers to pinpoint them, flank or move into a postition to fire upon the target. The main deployment of MGs is to force the enemy down, lessening their chances of return fire.
Their effectiveness is reliant only on how good the gunner really is, and besides after 300 odd rounds in OFP you dont have to change the m60's barrel like a real one, and you don't have a guy following you with ammo/spare barrels, same with the PK.
It would be nice if they made it a touch more realistic like you suggest but then there would be a whole lot of issues to amend (such as the m60, possible jamming of all weapons, environmnetal factors etc) there wouldn't be enough time to do it all. I reckon it's pretty balanced really and besides it is only a game :D
Beer is the fuel for the Heavy Metal Engine.