Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Police Standoff and other mulitplayer ideas  (Read 4704 times)

HUSTLA23

Re:Police Standoff and other mulitplayer ideas
« Reply #15 on: 24 Aug 2004, 05:40:39 »
I love this idea. Instead of trying to reason with AI, which usually ends up in a shootout, you can reason with reg ppl. And all sorta thngs could happen.

Personally I'd like it if someone made a whole map full of robable or takeable places for crooks and the police can do as they please. Well the humans anyways, the AI would flock to the spot.

And if the ai get slaughtered then more are camcreated and bodies taken away.

Then randomize the whole thing and boom you got one hell of a mission for MP.;)

I remember another fun multiplayer idea. I dunno if any of you know Slash?
he made a Civilian RPG on Nogovo. You could be the police or a civvi. The police had a decent mount of money and starting weapons and vehicles. They were usually outnumbered by civvis though. They had there own prison and respawn area.

The civilians usually formed gangs and stole stuff and killed cops or killed other civvis who had big egos. But you had to get certain liscences and gun papers to buy certain cars or guns. You could goto work and get money. Steal it from stores or bank. Invest in life insurance so you won't lose 1/2 of it when you die, build a house, explore other islands still close to Nogovo...

And lots of other stuff I didn't mention. Its fun being either cop or civvi. Civvis aren't always killed, they can give up and be arrested for awhile and the other cool part is organizing gangs or mafias with other players. Theen we fought other civvis with the egos and warred against the cops it was a fun game that lasted about 5-7 hours usually. :beat:

I'm still tryin to find that mission though.....

Dude, yur talkin bout nogville beta

RunAwayScientist

« Reply #16 on: 01 May 2005, 03:43:34 »

Hey! I remember you! Heh, wow...I never thought it'd get THIS popular.

I'm involved with Law Enforcement, which is why I made those missions. They were designed as a training tool to play out with my good buddies MetalGear and Bert.

These are called "Barricaded Suspect" situations. Basically, it's an enviroment where we can train in sniping, CNT, tactics, and effective SWAT manuvers. I never released this mission, but seeing as how it's getting so popular, I'll release all the police missions I've made if I get the chance...Other wise, you'll have to catch me sometime on Gamespy or OFP: Resistance.

I don't know. What do you guys think? Are you all interested in learning about Law Enforcement via OFP?

--RunAwayScientist

RunAwayScientist

« Reply #17 on: 04 May 2005, 04:48:22 »

Jasper,  I can't send you the missions. Something about your e-mail being wrong.

--RunAwayScientist

Jim666

« Reply #18 on: 14 May 2005, 12:53:06 »
id like to give this mission a go, so if you could send it to me it would be awesome Jimboob@gmail.com

Also i might be able to put it on my webspace to save you the trouble of emailing everyone all the time!

mattmayhem

« Reply #19 on: 14 May 2005, 23:01:01 »
Run,
I added you to my msn in hopes of getting into one of your MP games to play the standoff mission. can you please send me the mission? Thanks.

waxmonkey82@hotmail.com

Offline wcrvieira

• Former Staff
« Reply #20 on: 14 May 2005, 23:43:29 »
Hi there!

THis sounds a great mission...
If you want I can host your mission too!!

Just send it to me and in 2 mins it is hosted!

Cya

Take care
BV

gsawday

« Reply #21 on: 02 Sep 2005, 11:48:20 »

I have been waiting for a good police mission and well here it is :).

If you could send it to me at Gsawday@hotmail.com. That would be great or post it on the OFPEC missions depot.
Cheers  :D  :D

SilentHunter_764

« Reply #22 on: 03 Sep 2005, 07:57:56 »
My mate Reedski (from the ADF mod) Made a very similar mission, only there was terrorists inside the building and they were holding hostages. The two side (East - Spetsnaz and West - Delta SF) had to race to the building ASAP and recue the most number of hostages. Whichever team got to the building and in turn released all the hostages won. Was quite fun  ;D

Conors

« Reply #23 on: 15 Sep 2005, 21:10:11 »
You could edit it so the S.W.A.T team had two elements: a sniper team, made up of two men and an assult element made up of 5 men.

Conors

« Reply #24 on: 06 Dec 2005, 20:07:20 »
bump