Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Deep Water sequel  (Read 2613 times)

Offline The-Architect

• Former Staff
  • Bite my shiny metal...
    • Bob's Un-official Flashpoint Page
Deep Water sequel
« on: 02 Oct 2005, 07:44:09 »
Ok, the sequal is under development. However so far it's short with only one objective.

Here's the jist of it.

The head of the terrorist organisation, the guy who ordered the kidnapping of the senator's son, is hiding in mainland USA. Mike loud has been ordered to kill him. It's a deniable op. Only a few paople know about it, namely you, the Senator and a handful of CIA guys.

So far I only have the bit where you infiltrate the area where he's hiding and take him out.

Any ideas on how I could beef up the mission? I'm thinking of having him flee the area but that would involve a chase and would be hard to get right. Don't worry I think I could pull it off but I'm hoping for more ideas on how to make the mission a bit longer than it already is.

Cheers.
James Andrew Wilkinson 1977 - 2005 R.I.P.
"If it ain't the friggin' incoming it's the friggin' outgoing. Only difference is who gets the friggin' grease, and that ain't no friggin' difference at all."

dantheman

Re:Deep Water sequel
« Reply #1 on: 02 Oct 2005, 09:52:37 »
Hmmm......well, what you need here is a surprise/hidden objective.  I can't really think of any right now but how about you sneak into the perimeter and you find the head of the terrorist organisation guy isn't where it is supposed to be so you have to go to another place to find him.  Or Command radios you in saying that some terrorists are approaching the aera and you have to either sneak out, go all guns-blazing or call air support.  Or even the head of the terrorist organisation guys wife witnesses it all and you have to kill her as well otherwise it could all go nationwide over the news blah blah blah.

Just a few suggestions, despite they're lame.

dantheman

P.S. - Deep Water kicked arse!  Can't wait for the sequel!
« Last Edit: 02 Oct 2005, 11:25:01 by dantheman »

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #2 on: 02 Oct 2005, 10:26:02 »
i thougt you would of gone with like the otro whee the Russians were inserted but aslong as the missins as good as Deep Water who cares
okay so you are told to go sneak in kill the guy and steal something maybe or you have to make it look like suicide or natural causes since police dont know about it they would come and investigate
or maybe you get there and theres some big underground tunnel kind of thing with a ton of terrorists and you have to fight your way out

something along those lines maybe ?

Offline The-Architect

• Former Staff
  • Bite my shiny metal...
    • Bob's Un-official Flashpoint Page
« Reply #3 on: 02 Oct 2005, 13:06:17 »
You're missing the big picture here guys. The mission is based on the US mainland. I can't have a huge battle with terrorists or have air support blasting up the area. Plus it's a deniable op. I wouldn't have air support or support of any kind. Except maybe a sidekick.

The police is a good idea that I'm already looking into. Unfortunatley there are no good American police cars out there.

I like the idea about killing the wife. Not so much her but maybe the addition of witnesses who have to be eliminated. Having to kill americans seems like a nice moral dilemma for the player to face.

Keep 'em coming guys.  ;D
James Andrew Wilkinson 1977 - 2005 R.I.P.
"If it ain't the friggin' incoming it's the friggin' outgoing. Only difference is who gets the friggin' grease, and that ain't no friggin' difference at all."

dantheman

« Reply #4 on: 02 Oct 2005, 16:49:44 »
Hmm....gotcha.  How about that when you kill the guy, you find some plans (possibly on his bullet-riddled corpse) about that his terrorist group is planning to fly over a well known place and release some toxic chemicals which could cause some serious harm.  

So the objective would be to destroy the barrels containing the toxic chemicals.  Just a thought....

dantheman

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #5 on: 02 Oct 2005, 20:33:59 »
ha ha that sounds funny destroy the barrels with the toxic stuff in
i could just picture a few satchel charges KABBOOOM oh wait shit that aint gonna help  ;D

but something like that would be quite a good idea some sort of plans you find his car has left, and you follow what command tells you to keeping away from civ's when you get there hes talking to some one who appears to be a terrorist buddy, so you kill them both find some sort of plans or a document with an agreement about the Russians wich links in to the outro of Deep Water and sets you in the clear for another sequel if you want to
just a thought

Offline Tyger

• Former Staff
  • I was at OFPEC when it still had dirt floors...
    • OFPEC
« Reply #6 on: 04 Oct 2005, 02:31:06 »
You line up the shot, squeeze the trigger and watch as he cruples to the ground. As you go to inspect his body... Oh God, this man was a decoy - a look alike.

You leave the house for the only other place the man could be - at a Mafia relative's lakeside Mansion or whatnot. There you need to talk (using the action menu or whatnot) past the guards or slip in, then take the loon out.

Things to Add
Detect unhidden Body Script ---  
Alert the Mansion if the body is discovered.
Interactive Talking W/ Guards ---  
Talk past them with varied/random results
Decoy phone calls from payboth ---  
Draw away guards or bodyguards
Cut the power/lights ---  
Buys you time and stealth, but alerts the compound.
« Last Edit: 04 Oct 2005, 02:40:49 by Tyger »
"People sleep soundly at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

MSG Mike Everret - We Will Never Forget - '75-'08

dantheman

« Reply #7 on: 04 Oct 2005, 13:49:13 »
Woa Tyger, that's an excellent idea you've got there.  Best idea yet.  

Thinking about it, if you add those ideas, you'll have a killer mission which hasn't really been tried before.  Reminds me alot of the game Hitman!  

dantheman

Offline Tyger

• Former Staff
  • I was at OFPEC when it still had dirt floors...
    • OFPEC
« Reply #8 on: 04 Oct 2005, 14:45:02 »
Thanks dantheman! Glad you like it.  8)

Feel free to add your own ideas, too.  ;)
« Last Edit: 04 Oct 2005, 14:45:49 by Tyger »
"People sleep soundly at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

MSG Mike Everret - We Will Never Forget - '75-'08

dantheman

« Reply #9 on: 04 Oct 2005, 15:41:14 »
Thanks dantheman! Glad you like it.  

Feel free to add your own ideas, too.  

Yeah, I have.  Like killing the wife as she was a witness to the killing etc. that's the best idea I've had!  ;D

By the way The-Architect , what island will this mission be held on?

dantheman

Conors

« Reply #10 on: 01 Nov 2005, 19:30:33 »
Perhaps you start in a village a short while away from the mansion dressed as a civillian and you have to find the weapons cach and car and get to the mansion. Or perhaps theres an agent you have to rondavouez with to get the weapons/car/boat or so on, this would mean you would be able to talk to civillians for inter or somthing.

Offline ZeekLTK

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #11 on: 24 Dec 2005, 05:17:55 »
Have it so that the CIA is against you. They give you a gun and info about where to rescue the hostage, but you get there and it's a trap. The hostage isn't there and the enemy knows your coming.

After you somehow fight your way out of that situation you not only have to figure out where the real hostage is, but figure out who set you up and how to get revenge.

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #12 on: 24 Dec 2005, 11:40:12 »
how about the terrorist is iun a village in his house with a few guards discuised as civi's if they see you and identify you as the enemy they will pull their pistol out and fire at you but if you kill the terrorists before they pull out their gun it is seen as friendly fire and you will get into trouble from HQ (A court martial maybe)

Anyway there are also other civs about who are not armed and arent part of the terrorist group and if they see you they could phone the police or something like that and the police will open fire on you and you arent aloud to retaliate since they are friendly units

Anyway your main goal is the main terrorist he is in a house surrounded by other terrorists if you are seen to early he will be alerted could wait there and ambush you or eascpe or other situations to make the mission more random and have a higher playability mark which is what you want

The more random the mission is the better i think

Offline Trapper

• Honoured Contributor
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #13 on: 25 Dec 2005, 13:13:40 »
Hm, a chase scenario...:

Finaly you enter the building where he is hiding. Then *bang* (black in, fade sound ect) you get knocked out from behind. After a few seconds you get up again and hear/see a sports car driving away. (All this so you can't just shoot the tires)

You get out on the road, and smash the window of a (slower) car there to unlock it. Inside of the car you've to start the engine with a chance of 50/50. (Both things scripted)

Now you can begin the chase which will lead you to the final fight somewhere else.
« Last Edit: 25 Dec 2005, 13:14:29 by Trapper »

ruff

« Reply #14 on: 25 Dec 2005, 15:59:31 »
u find out that the terrorist has connections with a secret group of evil americans - politicians and ex generals that wanted the kindnapping to happen to bribe the senator on his votes. u send the information back to the cia and you are tasked with killing those involved since their having a meeting, but they are being protected by former ex special operations guys, 6 devgru operators (lsr seal) are then dispatched to ur location and u are to lead the assault