Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: COOP Mod Pack  (Read 1405 times)

Phazorx

COOP Mod Pack
« on: 16 Nov 2005, 08:48:23 »
subj... is there one ?

I'm hosting a lan party in a while, one of requests was coop tactical team shooter, naturaly flashpoint came up, overall it's a good classic to throw in...
I know there are some coop missins in 1985, red hammer and resistance, but i wonder if thre are more cool ones available just in case if it'll be well accepted.
I'm looking into 8-12 ppl missions... preferably on same side. Vriety and challenge are key aspects. if there are any good mod packs with coop missions i'd liek to hear about them as well...

Been awhile since i played OPF but i still like the game... and at time it proven to be extremily flexible when it comes to modding, i know there are sites with tons of mission scenarios for it... but i simply do not have time for filtering these... so some kind of mission pack would be very nice.

Thanks in advance...

Offline MachoMan

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • KISS, Keep it Simple Stupid
Re:COOP Mod Pack
« Reply #1 on: 16 Nov 2005, 13:45:50 »
You could try one of these (im a bit biased ;) ):

http://www.ofpec.com/missions_depot/index.php?ID=945

Vulcan from the MEC pack:
http://www.ofpec.com/missions_depot/index.php?ID=1169

Just check the missions depot's multiplayer section for more.
Get those missions out there you morons!

Phazorx

« Reply #2 on: 16 Nov 2005, 18:29:59 »
thanks for the reply i got these as well as few off central mission repository which looked promissing... one thing i noticed - some of maps are tough and on lan party skill level varies greatly.. .which brings me to very shady question:
Is it relatively simple to add group spawns into scenario (so unlucky triggerhappy rambo style kids do not have to sit out for 20 min because they got nailed in first 20 sec while sprinting towards ebemy)?
Another thing - i respect creativity of the authors and i wouldnt like to make them angry by messing up their well thought through mission logic... so ethics is another aspect that should be considered...

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #3 on: 16 Nov 2005, 18:39:30 »
BIS don't mind if you muck about with their missions for your own purposes, so I don't see why a mission maker would.   (I certainly wouldn't.)   A LAN party or a private server would count as "your own purposes", I would say, certainly if it was just a one-off, temporary thing.

However, a public server would be a different matter entirely.   In that case you must ask the author first.  

Oh, and

Welcome to the forum!
« Last Edit: 16 Nov 2005, 18:39:57 by macguba »
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Phazorx

« Reply #4 on: 16 Nov 2005, 19:03:27 »
thanks for the welcome ;o)

We are not planing to make it public, exclusive lan party is all it's goign to be.. so with your blessing i'm going back to 1st part of the question - how hard would it it be to actualy change missions to have group spawns? I recall looking at modding of OFP 4-5 years ago... looked very flexible but i did not dig it any deep.