Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: enchancing a mission  (Read 1484 times)

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
enchancing a mission
« on: 11 Jul 2005, 09:41:10 »
okay ive got some mission where you

paradrop from a blackhawk at the begining and land just east of the target
you must seize the area around the base once done a counter attack is reported and the blackhawk wich was going to extract you back home gets shot down by an enemy Shilka (wich i use a switchcamra to see throught the gunner's optics)

then a little later a hell load of erussians come charging down towards you from 3 sides and you must hold them off

im just looking of ways to enchane this mission its a hard mission and you must wait for 3 m113's to extract you from the base it all works rather clean but slightly bugy but i can fix that

im just looking of ways to enchance it like A10 strafing runs but since theres shilkas would they actually come ?

Dane

Re:enchancing a mission
« Reply #1 on: 11 Jul 2005, 16:38:01 »
You are talking about your mission "The fallen" right?

Imho you should use either JAM hd ammo or some of the bullet dispersion scripts submitted in scripts/beta testing because i for one are sick and tired of getting sniped by mg-gunners and other loons that i can't even see, plus this would make firefights last longer.
I think this is a problem with most missions i've played but i'm not a skilled player, i've spent more time in the mission editor and playing around with addons.
Maybe other players thinks the "ai sniping" adds to excitement?

Anyways just my 2 cent, happy mission editing.

« Last Edit: 11 Jul 2005, 16:39:31 by Dane »

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #2 on: 11 Jul 2005, 17:03:23 »
yep im talking about The Fallen i dont want to use jam weapons as the campaign is going to be addon free but unless theres a script that will change bullets velocity to make them less acuarate that would be great
i was thinking of a script like this becuase i want this fire fight to seem desperate, hard and intense with bullets going all over the place

ill have alook at what i can find like this

Offline Raptorsaurus

• Editors Depot Staff
« Reply #3 on: 11 Jul 2005, 22:01:36 »
One thing that can help decrease bullet accuracy is to set the skill level of the soldiers involved in the fire fight to a low value.

Dane

« Reply #4 on: 12 Jul 2005, 00:41:07 »
You can also setDammage loons with a negative value.
write this setDammage -1 in your init field and then see if you can hit anything ;D ::)

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #5 on: 12 Jul 2005, 16:13:40 »
tried setdammage -1 before wasne what i was looking for that doesnt make soldiers fire like pretendng theyve got a good shot they wait until they have a good shot so they dont fire as much and then maes the mission far to easy
im going to lower the skill level to quite low