Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Melee Combat Script  (Read 2192 times)

klavan

Melee Combat Script
« on: 01 Aug 2005, 21:16:51 »
First off I've to say that this series of scripts was insipired to me by a Talking Penguin's Close Combat script. I've tried to get in contact with him to get the permission to post this modified version  of his work, but since I've received no answer 'till now I decide to put it online .

The differences:
- This script recognize if you are armed and with what you're armed, selecting the appropriate animation for the strike.
- Surprise attack always hit the target.
- You can hit, stun or kill the target depending by the amount of damage he receive (naturally you can even miss him).
- A simple script recovers the damage taken by a stunned target (the time needed depends by the amount of damage he received).
- The script recognize if the target is not a man (eg. a tank) or the player: in both this cases the script ends.
- The action is deleted the moment the target is killed or when you move away from him.

Check the files stored in the folder (there are plenty of comments in 'em)  to know how they run and how to customize 'em by your needs.

Known issues:
- If two targets are near each other (within 2-3 meters) you wil receive an error message.

The scripts comes with a features-test mission.

Let me know what you think.
Thanks.
Klavan

« Last Edit: 04 Aug 2005, 11:28:57 by klavan »

klavan

Re:Melee Combat Script
« Reply #1 on: 04 Aug 2005, 11:27:52 »
About 50 views and still 0 comments????
Maybe because the "test" mission required about 10 (useless) addons?   ;D
Sorry for the mistake. I've updated an addon-free version of it.
Klavan

klavan

« Reply #2 on: 05 Aug 2005, 20:12:52 »
Still no feedback! :-\
It's so sh***y? :'(
Klavan  

Dane

« Reply #3 on: 05 Aug 2005, 20:19:46 »
Well, i've tried it and it's good, no problems, didn't find any bugs, good for blackop missions but i'm not much into those ;D ::)
« Last Edit: 05 Aug 2005, 20:20:20 by DaneDK »

klavan

« Reply #4 on: 06 Aug 2005, 12:21:43 »
Thank you DaneDK.
I'm interested in knowing opinions about the calculations of the "to  hit percentages". It's range may vary from 35 to 40%.
Do you think these values are realistics?
Thanks
Klavan  

Dane

« Reply #5 on: 06 Aug 2005, 14:00:44 »
I'm a little sleepy right now ::) do you mean the chance of the player scoring a hit or the dammage a unit take's from the hit?

klavan

« Reply #6 on: 06 Aug 2005, 14:37:48 »
The chance of the player scoring a hit.
Klavan

Dane

« Reply #7 on: 06 Aug 2005, 18:06:44 »
Ah, well that depends on the situation.
In a blackop mission if the player succeded in sneaking up on somebody undetected, i think the most realistic would be almost 100% chance of hitting unless the player is blind.
But in infantry combat if player decided to charge an AI (although i don't who would want to do that?) i think the chance of hitting is fine as it is.

klavan

« Reply #8 on: 07 Aug 2005, 14:16:19 »
Script uploaded in the pending section.
Topic solved.
Klavan
« Last Edit: 07 Aug 2005, 14:18:01 by klavan »