Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Desert Storm: the next generation  (Read 3378 times)

TAPNKEGS

Desert Storm: the next generation
« on: 08 Oct 2002, 05:17:42 »
   anyone have any links or know anyone who has;

A DESERT SKINNED M2A2 BRADLEY

A DESERT SKINNED  M-60 TANK

AND A DESERT CAMO M249-SAW SOLDIER

????

i found every other piece I need but would be quite grateful if someone here could point me in a known direction. btw i already checked the "Operation Desert Storm" site with no luck

this is a bit off topic but I cannot read German is there a way to adjust the ofp.de site so i can read it. there is some great info on there (very frequently updated) i just see the pics but need the juicy info too...short of buying a German for Dummies cd.   thanks for any info
« Last Edit: 08 Oct 2002, 05:18:40 by TAPNKEGS »

Offline Garritos

• Members
  • life is like a box of donuts...
Re:Desert Storm: the next generation
« Reply #1 on: 08 Oct 2002, 05:31:24 »
    there is a desert M2A2 on ofp.info but the quality is poor and the skins were totally ripped from Desert OFP.  there is no desert M-60, but i think one came in the gulf war demo a while back.  as for the SAW there are many availible and you could always use the addweapon command on the desert soldiers of your chioce.

I am interested in where you got iraqi infanty, I have a rare old add-on containing them but i would like to know if you found a newer one.  I have a few hard to find iraqi add-ons so you can PM me if you want them.
Lead Mission Designer
1982:Flashpoint in the Falklands
http://www.flashpoint1982.co.uk

TAPNKEGS

« Reply #2 on: 08 Oct 2002, 05:43:54 »
AHH yes the addweapon for the SAW  (DOH)

and i have the same ol' iraq soldiers you do from waaay back. well maybe someone will make those desert units since interest in the gulf scenario is heating up again.... I mean, 6 carrier groups being prepped to position there. no one moves that much hardware and doesn't use it

Offline Davies1

• Members
  • Bugger this for a game of soldiers!
« Reply #3 on: 08 Oct 2002, 15:02:35 »
Hi On ofp.info there are some palestine troops. they have khaki/sandy clothing and headscarves like most arabic desert troops.

Also I have the iraqi soldiers from way way back as well as the desert skinned models, but they should update them.
Hopefully the Somalia map will be sorted for 1.75 as I can use it without the textures messing up.
Beer is the fuel for the Heavy Metal Engine.

Offline Davies1

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 08 Oct 2002, 15:13:56 »
also It is not a good thing to be going to war with the middle east.
I am thoroughly unimpressed with the US' actions so far. They dont have a particularly good reputation based on actions.

First they blow Iraq sky high, hitting more civvie targets than army ones, including british battalions. Then they arm the Turks who blow away the kurds which US believed it was saving during the Gulf Campaign. Now they continue to arm the Israelies who are forcefully taking land originally Palestinian.
They say its all religious but its an excuse used to fight an immoral battle against the very people who let them share their land after the Holocaust.

Last night civilians in Palestine came out from their air raid shelters to be mercilessly blown away by Israeli choppers. WOMEN AND CHILDREN murdered by US equipped jews.

I do love the people of America, I visit every year, but the government leaves a lot to be said under Bush.

Rant over.

Norfolk

« Reply #5 on: 08 Oct 2002, 19:54:38 »
The only thing I agree with is that Bush is an idiot from your post Davies. First Israel kind of has a right. Suicide bombing had hit an all time high and Israel, and I don't blame them, had enough of it. Then when the occupation starts (because of suicide bombings), Palestine suicide bombs... I know, it doesn't make sense. Suicide bomb to stop an occupation began because of suicide bombings? ::)

Second, how does their U.S. equipment relate to U.S. actions? I personally think idiots like you complain unless it was done by a Kalishnikov. And it was believed that the typical Muslim tactic (no offense to any Muslism... like I even care though) of using women and children as human shields was used. Iraq used it, Afghanistan used it and the Palestianians used it. It's a normal tactic these days, and I don't personally get it.

I am an American, I don't like Bush, but please people. Get some facts before opening your mouths.

Offline Davies1

• Members
« Reply #6 on: 08 Oct 2002, 21:51:03 »
ok dont call me an idiot I apologise because I have offended you but....

After ww2 palestine gave the land to the hebrews, fair enough. Instead of settling in to their normal lives they fortified their camps and were agressive towards the palestines. No trade, no communication. The palestines were aggressively attacked if they came near the Israeli people. This was 60 years ago. A FACT as my grandfather was stationed there.
Over the years both sides have gotten increasingly worse and I agree that using women and children to fight is wrong and twisting the minds of people to suicide bomb is as sick as their own gory deaths. But both sides Que pasa?

People like me? eh?

If you actually were a member of the red cross and went to work in these countries you would understand, seeing civilians crying, screaming mutilated wondering 'why them?' begging for help and for it all to stop....
The whole situation has blown way out of proportion and most of them dont know why they are fighting anymore except that they have done for years, so why stop now?

But then again the same old shit happened in Somalia women and children shooting UN soldiers for helping?
The aid we give gets sold to the highest bidder on the black market yet we strive on voluntarily.

If america wants peace why arm the original aggressors?
The UN is having to solve the situation that could have been avoided years back with a little co-operation.

Sorry mate but you are wrong they want money plain and simple. A good arms trade is there.
The best I do is go out with the aid workers and tortutre myself with these images hoping that it will end for both sides sakes.
But the army attacking innocent people as they emerge from their shelters? No wonder PL youths want to fight.
« Last Edit: 08 Oct 2002, 22:04:37 by Davies1 »

Snake

« Reply #7 on: 08 Oct 2002, 21:59:06 »
 ??? The USA don't arm them.... THEY buy the us equipment.

Offline Davies1

• Members
« Reply #8 on: 08 Oct 2002, 22:07:40 »
Oh thats all right then.....

Making money off of suffering is disgraceful and I stand by that im afraid.

Offline Noon416

• Old Bugger
  • Former Staff
« Reply #9 on: 08 Oct 2002, 22:14:15 »
Hey Guys,

While I can appreciate the debate (as regularly as it pops up globally), we're an editing only site & forum and prefer our members to leave the politics and political discussions at the door.

We do have ONE board to accomodate this kind of discussion, but it is currently not taking any new members on at this point in time.
When it opens again for new members, put your name down there, but in the mean time please avoid the politics in the main boards. :)

Please get back on the topic of the requested addons, or we'll be forced to lock the thread and punish the transgessors.

Thanks. :)
"If a man talks in the woods and no woman hears him, is he still wrong?"

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #10 on: 09 Oct 2002, 01:37:54 »
Darn Missed the Political Debate...  I'm a Master Debater... that came out wrong. any way the US Stoped using the M60 Long ago and didn't fight with too many in Gulf war Part One, who knows the Sequal might use them but that's comming out Soon (I can't wait... NOT!) so if you're looking for a Gulf war Mission with acuracy you don't really need M60s (unless Rebel Forces are useing them) thoes things are Relics any way, where did you get Iraqi Soldiers? I can't find any anywhere!

Offline Garritos

• Members
« Reply #11 on: 09 Oct 2002, 02:13:41 »
Well i will return to the topic at hand =]  I have heard people asking quakergamer for his desert M-60 on their site and he has given it to them.  I am currently making a modern Iraqi mission and I would also like to know if anyone has anything other than the stuff in this screenie(just took it).

http://members.aol.com/choadster22/images/screenshot7.jpg

this is all i have been able to collect on the iraqi army but i would love to find some updated Iraqi troops with blood and also and iraqi T-55.  anybody have any ideas?
« Last Edit: 09 Oct 2002, 02:18:53 by Garritos »
Lead Mission Designer

bringer_25

« Reply #12 on: 09 Oct 2002, 03:24:09 »
i have them but i can't give em out i'm a beta tester for opgw, the m60 was barely used and they were used with the marines and many of the arab nations,  and the marines had extra armor plates on their m60, now someone i forgot who took opgw m2a2 and put it out, i will put the website on a later post.  just wait a little while ofgw is just about to  come out with the beta version

Frosty

« Reply #13 on: 09 Oct 2002, 10:54:02 »
Holy crap-crap, whered you get all the Iraqi troops from!!!!!!! Desert Storm or Desert OFP or just misc. Man, id give John Howards head for that stuff (unless he decides not to go to war, then he can stay).
Glad to hear about the OPGW beta, hope there's Mission with it! BTW is it gonna work like OFP:R, MOD style?

Offline Davies1

• Members
« Reply #14 on: 09 Oct 2002, 14:12:38 »
http://ofp.gamezone.cz

This site has the old old iraqi drivers on their addons section.
Also it has some other middle eastern troops in headscarves and Russian weaponry.

CobraSquad

« Reply #15 on: 09 Oct 2002, 18:07:42 »
garritos can u send me those iraqi troops??

bringer_25

« Reply #16 on: 12 Oct 2002, 02:19:40 »
Hey Frosty, it will have a couple of demo missions, on the new beta version, he is releasing it with a pack with the MLRS, Iraqi troops, Kuwait troops, i think british and american troops.  It will also have the M109A6 Paladin too. and a couple others it is going to be tight but right now there server is down and

Garritos can you send me those i don't have them i have a different set of iraqi troops

Offline Garritos

• Members
« Reply #17 on: 12 Oct 2002, 06:00:36 »
are your accually iraqi troops or just "generic" middleEastern guys?  if the are iraqi perhaps we could trade, if not ill just give you the link to them, there on my site b/c they are needed in my upcoming mission.  
Lead Mission Designer

bringer_25

« Reply #18 on: 12 Oct 2002, 09:44:55 »
ok email me about this because these addons arn't release yet, so email me and we can talk about it