Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Civillian Sabateur Mission  (Read 1022 times)

Offline Morglor9

• Members
Civillian Sabateur Mission
« on: 30 Apr 2005, 04:35:17 »
ok, i've got an idea for a mission. It's really a kinda standard storyline, but done in a way that makes it different.

Intro
Explains that the year is 1987, and kolgujev has been rebuilt (using Rebuilt Kolgujev, I forget who it's by). Americans are in control to "keep the peace". However, americans are harrassing civilians whom they claim are "communist sypathizers" that want the old Kolgujev back. The populace know that these people are innocent, and want to send a message to the americans. Those certain rebellious civies go to see the player, who runs a demolition company, and tell the player of their plan to detonate some explosives in a nearby american base. the player is reluctant to join at first, but eventually decides to go along.

Mission
The player would have no weapon selection, and can only bring his Hunting Rifle and Smith & Wesson. the player must get to the base past numerous patrols (who will shot the player on site for being armed so near to their base). once at the base, the player will have to infiltrate (silently or not so silently) and plant bombs at the fuel station and a row of tanks. they must then make it out to the safety of their hometown.

Outro
If successful in detonating the bombs, the win outro shows how this one act makes the americans angrier, and the populace fight back, starting a war for the independance of Kolgujev (possible first mission to a campaign?).

If the player chooses to abort the mission by calling his friends and telling them that he can't go through with the plan, the loose outro shows that the player is later arrested as a "communist sympathizer" and his assets and business are siezed. The player may also possibly be shot.

What does everyone think? Anything that could be added?
Cymbaline

Agent Luciane

Re:Civillian Sabateur Mission
« Reply #1 on: 30 Apr 2005, 07:02:08 »
Hey Moglor a very nice idea...my only question is why would a communist sabeteur planning on making the people rise up and seize independence destroy a fuel depot it would be kinda counter productive to destroy possible infurstucture for them to pursue their independence... destroying the enemy tanks sounds good but maybe if he was bombing something which was taking out personell as opposed to fuel or something of importance to there revolution remember guerillas and insurgents when they don't have funding pretty much have to operate on what ever they can find,steal and obtain with whatever means..but it sounds like it would be a cool mission..maybe if they were just terrorists it would be plausible though

Agent Luciane

« Reply #2 on: 30 Apr 2005, 07:09:08 »
Hey man nice idea...The only question I have is if these communist sabatuers where trying to rise up against the government why would they destroy possible infurstructure which they could use themselves ie.Fuel....The enemy tanks sounds cool...but you have to remember if guerillas dont have any funding they have to find,steal and obtain by any means necessary the equipment and materials to help them successfully carry out their revolution maybe if they were terrorists but if they were trying to successfully launch a revolution they would probably target personell rather than something like fuel

Agent Luciane

« Reply #3 on: 30 Apr 2005, 07:10:05 »
sorry i wrote it twice i just got kicked off line and thought it didn't post hahaha :-\

Offline Morglor9

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 01 May 2005, 04:08:33 »
the actual target is subject to change. personel, tanks, fuel, food supplies, it's all good. the low budget sort of thing is why you only have a hunting rifle and revolver to begin with (most likely weapons for a civie to have) and why the revolutionaries come to the player, who owns a demolition company. he would therefore have access to explosives.
Cymbaline