Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: An interesting guerilla mission  (Read 986 times)

Offline Morglor9

• Members
An interesting guerilla mission
« on: 29 Mar 2005, 19:45:35 »
I'm planning a mission and basically looking for suggestions to make it better.

You play as the leader of a resistance squad. The mission starts out like the "Ammo Low" mission in the resistance campaign. you don't have enough ammo for your army (actually thinking of making it so some of your guys only get 2 clips, maybe no guns at all). Your squad is to take a weapons convoy and get some more guns and ammo. Complete the objective, hop into your truck and start going home when the leader of your little army radios you about some important battle where your side requires reinforcements, so you take the remmanents of your squad and help win the battle, taking some town or something.

Anyone have ideas on how to make this better?
Cymbaline

Offline Morglor9

• Members
Re:An interesting guerilla mission
« Reply #1 on: 29 Mar 2005, 21:00:13 »
Okay, i'll scrap this one too. Oh well. I just thought it up in 5 mins..
Cymbaline

bluehand

« Reply #2 on: 30 Mar 2005, 01:40:32 »
How about you have to raid the convoy, because the enemy have tanks / choppers and you desperately need the AT/AA missiles to save your friends?

Or the convoy is also carrying the enemy's attack orders, so one of the jeeps gives you an action menu to "Take enemy plans", which then fires a script to put some new markers on your map to tell you where the enemy tanks are going, so that you can get there and ambush them?  It could even be a random choice of 4 or 5 locations for the ambush...

Or you need to steal one of the vehicles intact by shooting the crew (not easy!) so that you can use it for the next attack?  Maybe a shilka to give AA cover?

EDIT: Could even mix a couple of those ideas by shooting up trucks for ammo, then stealing a fuel truck or repair truck intact to go patch up your T-55, which has no fuel / gear sprockets / whatever
« Last Edit: 30 Mar 2005, 01:47:05 by bluehand »

Offline Morglor9

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 30 Mar 2005, 07:11:43 »
that's exactly the kind of suggestions i was looking for! i think i'm gonna make this.
Cymbaline