Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Cop Chase MP Mission  (Read 1414 times)

SilentHunter_764

Cop Chase MP Mission
« on: 25 Dec 2004, 09:41:00 »
G'day OFPEC.

I' been thinking lately  :o and i came up with the idea of a cop-chase mission, with a bit of nice scripting and music. Plus it would be a MP mission. Heres what I think -

Starts of in lipany, where a guy has just killed someone, and there is 1 cop outside with a police jeep, he radios for backup when he sees the killer come out, then the mission is trying to stop the killer. Other players would start at random positions on the map and they could try and set up road blocks and stuff, and after 5 mins (say) a BMP would be unlocked and it could be used for roadblocking (no ammo, sept' a rifle calibre gun). After 10 mins if the guy isnt caught/dead, a helicopter (oh58 or Bell 206) would be unlocked, and that would have a M2 Machine gun. After 30 mins if it still hasnt been called, you can get a M60A2 Tank WITH 85mm gun and M2.

If done right, could turn out to be a really fun mission.  ;D

LK

SilentHunter_764

Re:Cop Chase MP Mission
« Reply #1 on: 25 Dec 2004, 09:42:39 »
Oh btw - I rekon a good song would be Black betty by Spiderbait

;D LK

BronzeEagle

« Reply #2 on: 25 Dec 2004, 13:40:37 »
I wish I could get the opposing side to chase me down.  

SilentHunter_764

« Reply #3 on: 26 Dec 2004, 07:22:06 »
lol

(No Spam please) Im serious about this mission idea

Offline OFPfreak

• Members
  • Who is da operation flashpoint freak now, freak?!
    • OFP NFS mod
« Reply #4 on: 26 Dec 2004, 22:23:18 »
 I like the mission really much after Ive played it with you and.. Buba is it? But I started of thinking what the HELL do I have to do? Well I know you told me what to do but if somone plays it without any insturction or markers... Yes a briefing is nice but markers and gps are even better.  By the way the mission is great :)...
The overal of the mission is a confusing but fun mission. ;)

Oh and maybe add some kind of ramp or some fun things to do while driving all the way to the hide-out  :D

Ure having problems with the units only having a pistol and grenades right?
with the policeunits.sqs... I think unit can only be used as a name for 1 cop. Be sure to use the group name becuase theres more cops than 1 or otherwise use more parameters like this:

_unit1 = _this select 0
_unit2 = _this select 1
_unit3 = _this select 2
and so on.

Then you can copy all the text and simply change the unit1 name to unit2.
And dont forget to use parameters to run the script! e.g. [unit] exec "policeunits.sqs"  ;D
« Last Edit: 26 Dec 2004, 22:57:42 by OFPfreak »
ofp nfs REBORN! All new nitro, neon, customized cars, off-road, on-road, rally, bikes, racer models and more!
ofp nfs's homepage

SilentHunter_764

« Reply #5 on: 27 Dec 2004, 04:06:20 »
Uh.. Right. THe one you played was a beta version .01 and it was thrown together as an example.

Offline C0LDSt33L

• Members
  • Member of the SotM Team
« Reply #6 on: 28 Dec 2004, 16:47:52 »
Sounds like good fun to me. I've got two Flashpoint capable machines on a LAN and if one guy could be a cop and another a bad guy or something like that that would rock. For many players perhaps you could have a heirachy where one player is the chief of police or something like the commander in CTI. Anyway, it's a cool idea.
« Last Edit: 28 Dec 2004, 16:48:41 by C0LDSt33L »

BronzeEagle

« Reply #7 on: 30 Dec 2004, 19:53:14 »
i figured out a cop chase script but it only works if you have a hostage.

Offline OFPfreak

• Members
  • Who is da operation flashpoint freak now, freak?!
    • OFP NFS mod
« Reply #8 on: 01 Jan 2005, 20:20:22 »
ah so u mean something like uh... the idea of when the hostage can get into the cop car, offcourse at the start of the mission he can jump out immediatly :S
ofp nfs REBORN! All new nitro, neon, customized cars, off-road, on-road, rally, bikes, racer models and more!
ofp nfs's homepage