Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: American Civil War Mod  (Read 1121 times)

Johnnyorks

American Civil War Mod
« on: 31 Dec 2004, 00:22:23 »
Hi all,
I downloaded this amazing mod the other day but as im not good at making missions (i never seem to finnish making them) i was woundering if anyone else is in the process of making one?  Im going to try and make a Glory type mission on one of the beaches but id like to know how to make the union units all black apart from the officers? Also how can i make the units march or charge in a line? when i try it they seem to hit the ground and start shooting modern style.
Hope someone can help
JY
ps.Happy New Year!  ;D

Dubieman

Re:American Civil War Mod
« Reply #1 on: 31 Dec 2004, 04:54:21 »
Err, it's gonna be a bit "difficult" to keep them marching in a staright line, the AI isn't that dumb.... :P ;D

What do you mean make all the units black? ???

As for standing....

this setunitpos "UP"
to stay up

this setunitpos "DOWN"
to stay down

put in the init field, and if you want some fancy stuff for the squads put this in the leader's init field:

civilwar1 = group this; "_x setunitpos "UP" " foreach units
civilwar1

civilwar1 being the name of the leader's group, and the foreach applying the script part to each unit within the group.

It might not work, if it doesn't you might try
[_x setunitpos "UP" ] foreach units
civilwar1

Then change the names to apply to other groups you use group this on.

Hope that helps. :)

EDIT: Oh yes, try putting queries like this in General Editing, not mission ideas. Don't delete this though, an admin should take care of it. ;)
« Last Edit: 31 Dec 2004, 04:55:36 by GuiltyRoachKillar »

Johnnyorks

« Reply #2 on: 31 Dec 2004, 12:43:21 »
What do you mean make all the units black? ???

Well all the men in the infantry unit that the movie Glory was about were all black apart from the officers, they were freed slaves, so if i made a mission based on the last battle in the movie (the beach asault) and the infantry were all white it wouldnt look historiclay right

Dubieman

« Reply #3 on: 31 Dec 2004, 17:09:34 »
You'd have to use setidentity "such&such"  on everyone and then create a few identitities in a description.ext file with the right face numbers.