Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: nina for single player missions  (Read 1127 times)

BronzeEagle

nina for single player missions
« on: 20 Dec 2004, 14:13:12 »
someone should make a ninja who can throw stars as his pistol weapons and has a bow and arrow too, or a sword with a custom sword animation just for him.  That'd be badass.  If they can do a bayonet nowadays, someone can do a ninja sword slash.  It should also have a jump script built into it too.    

Kaolin

Re:nina for single player missions
« Reply #1 on: 20 Dec 2004, 14:23:30 »
There is one out there, though the custom animations are not what id call badass.
i THINK i saw it www.atwar.net  :-\ under the unit addons

kaolin

EDIT: Yeah its on the website, second page of the unit downloads, its about half way down the page. hope its good enough
« Last Edit: 20 Dec 2004, 14:29:30 by Kaolin »

Offline nominesine

• Former Staff
  • I'm NOT back!
    • The IKB Forum
« Reply #2 on: 20 Dec 2004, 14:44:10 »
Hmm... I see no point in adding these kind of units to OFP. OFP has one strength: ItÂ's a realistic soldier simulator. The price you have to pay for this is poor graphics and the buggiest game engine ever released commercially. ItÂ's worth it, because of the realism. But a japaneese ninja, with a weapon technology that predates gunpowder seems to me as fitting to OFP as ghosts or goblins.

If these antique assassins shall be able to do anything against anything else than sword wielding barbarians you would have to tweak their abilities to an absurd level. If I want to play unrealistic action games where my character can do everything with a small piece of sharpened metal I can find better games than OFP.

Sorry, but thatÂ's my point of view :P

Sure, thereÂ's no harm in making the addon, but I still canÂ't see that it would be a very useful one. Rather a bit of fun like the Zombie/Undead-pack or Lega Wars and similar mods.

OFPEC | Intel Depot
RETARDED Ooops... Retired!

Echo5Hotel

« Reply #3 on: 20 Dec 2004, 14:45:33 »
The ninja addon leaves quite a bit to be desired.  I give credit to the effort of the creator since I don't currently have the ability to make addons and at least they tried.  I downloaded it out of curiosity and deleted after a few minutes.  The animation of the sword slash not only doesn't look good but is slow as well.  There is nothing more than the sword as I remember.  No starts, no bows, no jumping...Just a dude in a black suit swinging a sword slow.  Maybe you should downloadit, take the pbo apart and ask the creator permission to improve it.  Good learning oportunity and you could get what you want out of it in the process.

Kaolin

« Reply #4 on: 20 Dec 2004, 15:13:37 »
Hmm... I see no point in adding these kind of units to OFP. OFP has one strength: ItÂ's a realistic soldier simulator.

Good point  :P
Besides i dont think you could even make a mission out of that ninja. If you want ninja missions just buy tenchu, and thats got far better graphics (well the recent ones anyway) ;D

Kaolin
« Last Edit: 20 Dec 2004, 15:14:28 by Kaolin »

Lean Bear

« Reply #5 on: 20 Dec 2004, 18:55:21 »
The problem with making completely new units which use un-normal (for OFP) weapons is that a heck of a lot of new animations need to be made. This is probably the reason that no-one makes too many like that.

The one the was reffered to earlier in this topic uses the "strokeGun" action (which is why it looks crap and moves slow).

I'm sure that if enough time and effort was put in, then a really good lookin' addon could be made.