Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: where eagles dare...  (Read 1105 times)

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
where eagles dare...
« on: 18 Dec 2004, 11:03:35 »
i've just rescued my loons in a bus and am suddenly reminded of the escape of mssrs burton and eastwood in that great great film. any chance somone might come up with a similar plotline? it'd need snow, and there'd sadly be no cablecar scene (unless you scripters are ascended or something), but the trosky castle on nogova could be spruced up into schloss adler... a few of your own team are spies and bump off the other team members one by one...

obviously there'd be copyright issues if it was out and out ripped off, but that could be worked around. anyone interested?

Offline penguinman

• Contributing Member
  • Money is worthless, just paper, ink, and threads
Re:where eagles dare...
« Reply #1 on: 19 Dec 2004, 19:52:45 »
ive never seen the movie but id be willing to help nif u just tell ,me what to do

Rokket

« Reply #2 on: 20 Dec 2004, 01:13:11 »
I think it's a great idea, because it's a classic, great suspense action, etc., and everything is laid out already. Just some tweaking, maybe updating too, and of course slight changes to fit OFP limitations. Haven't seen the flick in ages, can only recall specific scenes. I THINK there's a even a german experimental helicopter in it, tho might be confusing it with another flick. (I'm also reminded of the Frank Sinatra "Von Ryan's Express", great suspense).

Hmmm, I'll have to watch WED again...this of course would be great for the WW2 mod...

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
« Reply #3 on: 20 Dec 2004, 01:32:30 »
oh MAN see the movie. it's a classic, really and truly, and i don;t say that lightly or of any old film believe me. clint eastwood, richard burton, a host of other stars all acting their socks off. this thread runs the risk of going off-topic, so i'll just say do a google search, and see the movie.

i might look into this myself now i've cut my teeth on a mission so to speak. and thinking about that cablecar scene, it's pretty central to the plot... hmmm, it's actually doable with script, if there's a cablecar model out there somewhere....

hmmmm..... :hmm: